Newbie, hoping for 1st BFP (TTC for 2 yrs), otherwise HSG and IUI

still_hoping

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to posting. I've read through a number of threads, but after TTC for 2 years now, I think I need a buddy. I'm 35, husband is 38 and we're trying for our first. About 5 months ago, I had my GYN ran the usual hormone tests (FSH, estradiol, progesterone) and found I was anovulatory. I cried when she told me. The problem was, she made assumptions about my cycle and thought I would ovulate before CD21. When I started charting immediately after, I found that I ovulated around CD23-25. I've had irregular cycles since menarche so I never knew when I ovulated or how long my cycles would last for that matter.

So we continued trying. About a few weeks ago, we went to see a fertility doctor. It appears it is a female factor infertility and I will be going in for the HSG after I get my next AF. Doctor thinks that one of my tubes may be blocked due to scarring from a surgery I had when I was 8. If both tubes are blocked, then our only choice is IVF, so I'm really hoping that's not the case. If it is scarring, doctor suggests surgery. Otherwise, we'll be starting IUI.

However, I'm at 10 DPO and having nausea all afternoon. I have felt bloated since three days before O, which is unusual for me. Around O (CD20), I had cramping in lower right abdomen during BD. This happened 3 times and then disappeared. I've had off and on headaches all week. My temperatures rose after O and then at 3 & 4 DPO, dropped below coverline, and then rose back up again. FF says I O'd on CD20 and an OPK test confirms it. I had some very mild cramping today and slight spotting. Took a pregnancy test and BFN, but I realize it's too early to tell. It wasn't an early detection test, so I know I need to wait, but I'm only 2 days before AF.

I get so depressed and frustrated, especially seeing all my friends get pregnant so easily it seems. I've been obsessed with learning as much as possible from the internet and others in the same situation, considering my own GYN got it wrong. Anyone out there going through the same thing?

Hi still_hoping and welcome to BnB :flower:

There's a few of us in a thread called "Anyone over 35 want a buddy?" in the TTC buddies section - hopefully this link will take you there

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-buddies/418072-anyone-over-35-want-buddy.html

We're all between 35 and 40 and are going through various stages of fertility investigations/treatments. You'd be really welcome to come join us over there, it's a lovely supportive group xx :hugs:

Hi still_hoping - I'm a newbie too, going through similar scenario as you. Been ttc for about 6 months now, feels like forever. I've just got back from a follow-up with our fertility consultant and found out I have high FSH and low follicle count; I cried there and then. Going for HSG after next AF too.
I agree how frustrating it is to see others get pregnant so seemingly easily! and reading everything you can on the internet; I've had to stop, there's too much conflicting advice.
Good luck to you and everyone x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->