newborn clothes - how many?

T

tinytoes

OK, it's been asked many times before I'm pregnant and very forgetful.

How many "newborn" outfits / sleep suits / rompers etc will I need?

My LO is coming a week or two early so he might be little. How often can i expect to need to change his clothes...oh it's all so new. I've about 9newborn outfits...this includes his his day and night wear. Mostly all in one sleeper suits but also some leggins and t-shirts. Is that enough till he beefs up for the 0-3 months!?

I have loads and I've washed it all. Now she is being devistatingly stubborn and will probably be huge and fit in NONE of it!

Ive only bought 10 bodysuits and 10 sleepsuits in newborn, and I have about 3 or 4 outfits, everything else I have is 0-3 months, but that is based on me thinking he'll be out around 40 weeks, and probably grow out of them quite quickly. Maybe if yours is coming a bit earlier you might need more? I dont really know! Sorry hun! I keep being told I have too much though lol

xxx

I think the amount you have is fine....plus you'll probably get lots of gifts once he has arrived...if you feel you need more...im sure once he is here there will be lots of people willing to go and get you some more....!!

thanks ladies. Maybe I'll see how we get on and if needs be I'll buy some more later then.

I do get confused by the day and nighttime wear - I mean, he can wear sleep suits 24 hours when he's tiny surely? It's not like he'll be hanging out with his mates much...:rofl:

I think babies can wear pyjamas whenever they want :) We've bought sleepsuits for him to wear through the day coz I can't imagine outfits being too comfortable on him when he's brand new.

xxx

I think babies can wear pyjamas whenever they want :) We've bought sleepsuits for him to wear through the day coz I can't imagine outfits being too comfortable on him when he's brand new.

xxx

exactly what I thought - and the sleep suits are basically just romper suits with feet no? Saves me having to squish his beautiful little toes into socks.

Yeah I think so! Ive never heard of romper suits before tbh lol

xxx

Yeah I think so! Ive never heard of romper suits before tbh lol

xxx

i think they make up new words every day to make us buy more!!:rofl:
"a what? a sleep-snuggle-pop-bouncy suit? GOsh I ahvent got any of them, must dash to the shops!!"...:rofl:

babygros. there's a good old fashioned word.

our baby is going to be a babygrow baby... we have around 20 sleepsiuts and 20 vests size New Baby (up to 10lb mothercare), hats,mittens etc plus about 3/4 outfits just incase we go somewhere nice.

:rofl::rofl:

I wouldn't go crazy over newborn clothes just yet. Get what you need but you might still have a big baby even though yours will be delivered a week or two earlier. My son was delivered at 38 weeks and he was over 8 pounds. I was glad that I didn't buy many newborn clothes at that time.

I only have 2 sleepsuits in "newborn" :blush:
I'm too afraid to buy anything else. But my friend bought alot of newborn clothes and most of them her baby wouldn't fit into. So she's giving me those. In that case I'll just wait to see what I get and for now carry on buying 0-3 months up.

I've not bothered buying any newborn outfits... got about 7 sleepsuits. I figured she'll be more comfy in them and since i don't know how big she will be, i wont get anymore. If she needs more, i'll get my mum to go shopping. She has tons from 0-3 onwards though...

xxx

I haven't even been able to find many newborn outfits :wacko: I think we only have one! Two outfits tops. I asked Stan about it the other night and he told me we don't need them (even though I'd told him several members on here had advised picking up at least a few :dohh:)

i went onto ebay adn got a huge bundle of clothes for really cheap i got loads for #14 all with the tags still on
so thats maybe worth investing on too
i got about
8 sleepsuits
8 babygrows
2 jackets
1 coat
3 trouser
7 bibs
5 tops
2 outfits
a baby sleepbag
blanket
2 hats
4 socks
2 scratch mittens

thats all i can remember from it but for 14 pound adn all new as her babay was overdue adn to big to fit ito them its really good

rrp was over 200 pound at least

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->