Newborn hot all the time

oOKayOo

Reaction score
it seems Ella is hot alot , just wondering if anyones elses baby is quite hot what with the weather? She has a awful heat rash all over her body , i have done the glass test so know its nothing serious but she just doesnt seem to cool down.

Plus this morning she slept through a feed and slept for awhile. Although through out the day has been feeding well.

Im just worried and need some reasurrance.

Checked her temp? Just to ease you!

Caitlin gets soggy alot and the warm weather certainly hasn't helped ...based on that and the fact our house has been quite hot/warm with little or no time of the heating on she has had a few nights with only her sleep suit on (no vest) and some days with some cool clothes on (again no vest).

Sleeping through a feed is nothing to worry about in general but obviously if you notice rapid changes high temp wont feed irriatable beyond control you may want to seek medical advice - it again could very well be down to the heat - just make sure shes not dehydrated? If you think she is a spare bottle of cool boiled water wouldn't be a bad idea to keep in the fridge incase (refreshed in 24 hrs max if not taken) :D

Hope that helps - other girls may have some advice though & words of wisom ....Im still training :lol:

This heat is awful for the babies isn't it - Am trying to keep Anna as cool as possible - she spent most of today in just her nappy! She has a horrible heat rash, which she has been prescribed Aqueas (sp?) cream for to keep her skin cool and hydrated...

I don't think there's much we can do other than keeping them in the shade to try and keep them cool...

If she's feeding well and seems well in herself it's more than likely just a little uncomfortable for her but nothing to seriously worry about - if the rash is really nasty get her down the doctors for a prescription for some soothing cream, but other than that sounds like you are both doing really well :)

btw, I love the pics in your signature - what cuties =)

Checked her temp? Just to ease you!

Caitlin gets soggy alot and the warm weather certainly hasn't helped ...based on that and the fact our house has been quite hot/warm with little or no time of the heating on she has had a few nights with only her sleep suit on (no vest) and some days with some cool clothes on (again no vest).

Sleeping through a feed is nothing to worry about in general but obviously if you notice rapid changes high temp wont feed irriatable beyond control you may want to seek medical advice - it again could very well be down to the heat - just make sure shes not dehydrated? If you think she is a spare bottle of cool boiled water wouldn't be a bad idea to keep in the fridge incase (refreshed in 24 hrs max if not taken) :D

Hope that helps - other girls may have some advice though & words of wisom ....Im still training :lol:

I think we all are? It seems to never end - my mummy is on no. 5 now and still asks me for advice on things when she's unsure!

We'll never stop learning and so we'll never stop getting better and better as mothers! :D I definately have a long way to go - that doesn't mean I'm a bad mother now, just that I've got lots to learn and lots of experience to gain ahead of me ... I can only get better! :lol:

Well those who have younger babies are yip lol Mines way passed 2 weeks though ;) & theres girls who have 1+ older kiddies leaving the training days behind them :haha:

Well those who have younger babies are yip lol Mines way passed 2 weeks though ;) & theres girls who have 1+ older kiddies leaving the training days behind them :haha:

I wish leaving the training days behinde us, it just starts new when they become toddlers.:dohh::rofl:

Kira is the same hun she has got a heat rash all round her right ear and on that side of her face, she is sleeping alot cos of the heat and only sleeping in a vest at night.

Thanks for the replys feel a hell of alot better , I remember my daughter carly got it but it still makes you freak out and think 'what ifs'.
Searched throughout the whole net for every sympton..

You'd think after having another child id be more clued up lol , its just the same. Every little thing i freak out over. I hate this part where they cant tell you if something is wrong!

Anyway after putting the fan on and putting a vest on the rash seems to of gone down , although still lumpy. Temp is fine too , i think its this weather, lovely but awful for newborns!! Poor sods!

oh and im still training too!! hehe :rofl::baby:

Riley hates the heat and gets very hot i give him cooled boiled water and that helps him alot he will settle after and he doesnt feel as hot and clammy after i dont give him loads just enough to cool him down and if its really warm just put him in his lil short suit (the ones like a sleepsuit but no arms or legs lol dont no what there called) and put lots of suncream on him

well, Juleika isn't a newborn anymore, but I have the impression she also doesn't like the heat a lot!

I nurse her as often as she is asking for and we give her boiled cooled down water as well!

and she is only in nappy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->