• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Newborn leg positions?

jodilee6

Reaction score
Hey!

I'm after some experts, I'm looking into a wrap/sling for no2 when they come in the summer.

I think I've settled on a Mai tai style carrier (but happy to have my mind changed) I want something quick and easy to use that is suitable from birth.

My question is what position do new newborns legs go in? Do they have to be spread like an older baby? If so how do you manage to do this?

I only carried DS1 from 4/5 months so never had this problem before!

I've read that it's best for babies to have their legs in the frog leg position, even when they're tiny. (So knees up and legs spread apart.)

I've read that it's best for babies to have their legs in the frog leg position, even when they're tiny. (So knees up and legs spread apart.)

Yea, that's what's I've read as well, I just dint see how it would be possible with a teeny titch unless I'm missing something obvious!

You'll have to look it up for mai tais how to do it. I had my daughter that way in her wrap since she was small.

One thing I know is important, and that is that legs aren't allowed to hang down, and should be kept apart. Don't swaddle or allow your baby to face forwards in a wrap.

Legs out from birth is what is recommended now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94