Newborn settling at night

ronnie1234

One child aged five
Reaction score
Our nearly three week old will settle fine for daytime sleep but night time she struggles to settle in crib by bed or needs Dad to stroke hand then goes off to sleep...after which she is fine. I know she's still very little but also I don't want to get stuck in a rut where she won't settle for me when he's not there...three evenings a week

Any tips or advice?

I have always just done whatever it takes to get some sleep. Never have I ever had one thing be the only way it will work forever. When my DS1 was a baby he had to be held to stay asleep. I felt like he needed it and I was committed to meeting that need. After time he didn't need that and just needed snuggles to go to sleep and then I could put him down. Then it was running his back when he was going to sleep in his crib and by the time he was 2 yea.rd old he slept just fine after a goodnight hug. DS2 had no problems sleeping alone. DS3 needed to cosleep and still does at 2. DD usually is rocked to sleep then sleeps about 6 hours before waiting up to eat, then back to sleep in her bed for 4 hours.

I suppose there is the thing that it will be short lived & we do have to do what it takes to get through the night

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->