Next online orders

jenny82

Reaction score
Are they the worst website to exist in history or is it my imagination?!

I have never used their website before. Well, I lie - I used it about 6 years ago to buy some bedroom furniture then cancelled the account as they kept sending me out pointless catalogues.

But this time, I had a voucher and the kids needed some clothes and I hate shopping in shops these days. The order I put through kept failing but I didn't realise that it was a billing/delivery address issue until about the 4th time I tried. It went through eventually and now tonight, I find out that they have emptied my bank account! Apparently each attempt, even though unsuccessful, is 'held' for a period of time before I get my own money back. AND to top it off, the voucher didn't even work properly, so now I have to phone them to see why.

Holy crap, how can a website such as this exist?! I was trying to pay my LO's lunch fees for school online and they have taken/held about £700! I have no money to pay his fees and I will probably get a bank charge. I am totally shocked and will, again, be closing this account as soon as my items arrive. Scammers...

I gave up after ordering being told I'd have to wait 4 weeks then 4 weeks later it's out of stock! I prefer going in store now!
Can you phone trading standards?

i hate next! they did the same to me, held about £500... my rent was coming out the next day & yep that was my rent money!!

i was fuming & i went on & on & on until they agreed to pay my bank changes. They offered a voucher at first & i told them where to shove it.

I dont even shop in store anymore.

i hope you get it sorted xx

I'm going to write a complaint email in the morning. So so angry. I buy nearly everything online and have never had this happen of me ever :/

I've never had any problems with next (touch wood)
Was it a expensive order for them to hold that much? X

I had the same thing happen to me once luckily it wasn't for much and was only same payment taken twice and after a few days the money was released back into my account. When it's that amount of money I would be fuming as well hun hope you get it back and sorted asap!

It really annoys me when they say " in stock in x number of years", it makes me wonder, do they make the bloody item because you assume they have some sort of warehouse stock. Never bought anything from them online and after reading this thankful I haven't.

I've used Next for years and so far never had any real problems with them!
That's ridiculous though and seriously not on! I'd be on the phone to them demanding it's put back into your account asap.

Never had problems with them.
Used vouchers/money off coupons etc and had no issues.
Delivered within 3 days.

I once tried to buy something online from them and they tried to open an acct for me....I was denied (???!! no idea why as I make more than the national average and have great credit) when all I wanted to do was pay by debit card! I never shop with them online.

I once tried to buy something online from them and they tried to open an acct for me....I was denied (???!! no idea why as I make more than the national average and have great credit) when all I wanted to do was pay by debit card! I never shop with them online.

I swear it's harder to get a Next account than a mortgage, I have no idea what their criteria is, both DH and I tried and we both got rejected despite both having great credit reports, they even turned down my mum who is gleaming, in the end my step dad opened one so I could have access to the VIP sales lol.

On the whole I find them very efficient, but it's annoying when you order something and they can't keep you updated on stock, currently waiting for a lamp I really wanted :(

I've had great experience with them, feel lucky now! Got Free next day delivery too.

I am still waiting on my money argh!

My bank told me to wait another day or two (this was yesterday). Phoned Next today and they then asked me to phone my bank to get a fax number then phone THEM back with it. I should be bloody charging them fees at this point. Guaranteed if I owed them any money, they would be charging my ass off. Should also be invoicing for the cost of the telephone calls, of course all to 0845 numbers... :/

They are insane lol... I had an account, and yeah I do have quite a balance with them, prolly around 500 to pay off (but i make the payment lol) And they cut me off !!

My credit limit was around 3k with them, and suddenly it is 0 and has been 0 for a year, what happened was I forgot to pay them on time one month, so I incurred their wrath and they re credit checked me (apparently ) and this is seemingly why I lost my credit (although nothing had changed my end lol) So I get to keep paying my balance but I can't shop with them and I can't access the vip slots etc etc.... such a good reward for being a good customer right ?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->