NHS parentcraft workshop

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
hi,

im just wondering if any of you have been to the NHS parentcraft workshop.
if so how was it.
the workshop includes:
* labour and delivery
* pain relief
* tour of delivery and ward areas

its at the hospital and it starts at 10.00am and should finish for 3.00pm.

im just wondering if its worth going to the workshop.
midwife said its only offered to first time mums.

they only do the workshop once a month so do i go closer to my due date?

thanks for reading
x x

Your midwife will book you in when the time comes.

I won't be going to any of the classes, already read and researched every possiblity that could happen during labour and birth, won't be having any pain relief and having a homebirth so it doesn't really apply.
My sister-in-law went to one class and said it's good if you don't know what to expect :)

I really want to go to something like that but I'm not sure they offer them at the hospital I'm with.

its only one class,which lasts all day.
my midwife has given me a booking form so i have to tick the date i want and fill in my details then i have to send it back to the midwife so she can book me in.

anita im at kings lynn hospital so you might get to go on something like me as you live so close to me.

im defenetly gonna go coz i decided yesterday that im gonna try a water birth in hospital. not sure if ill give birth in the pool or not but it would be nice just to be in the water.
im only wanting to use gas and air so i thought the water may ease the pain aswell.

I've been told by the midwife that most classes happen around 32 weeks or even closer to the birth. That way you don't forget what you have learned in the meantime. I will be going to NHS classes as I have no clue what to expect, except that it will hurt!

the parentcraft class isnt antenatel classes.
im hoping to go for mine in may so ill be 29 weeks.
they only do one a month. and the midwife said they only offer this class to first time mums

Id like to go because Im planning a water birth as well, so I want to see the facilities before I make up my mind properly. No one has mentioned anything though, so I dont really know when Im supposed to go if there even is one!

Theres some preperation for motherhood classes on at our doctors surgery though which will probably be ok. They advise you to go at about 30 weeks on there. Its up to you though, when you feel like you want to :)

xxx

i havnt been offered one of those classes, maybe they dont do it by me :( i have ante-natal classes at the hospital which are four 2 hours session and i start those at 34 weeks and fin at 38 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->