Nice wedding gift ideas!

katy1310

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
BIL is getting married next weekend and we are really struggling for a gift so I'm looking for some ideas!

They have already lived together for about 5 years and they say they have everything for the house and don't need anything. They don't have a wedding list.

About how much should we spend? There are three of us going - DH who's best man, LO who's a flower girl, and me.

We have seen a deal for a couple of nights away in a nice hotel with the evening meal provided and various other things included, which sounds really nice, would something like this be ok? Or would an actual physical "thing" be better? If so, I really don't know what kind of thing to get! There's always the option of giving them money, but we'd maybe rather give them an actual gift of some sort, just not sure!

Any ideas would be much appreciated :)

xxx

I think the break thing would be perfect!

As ungrateful as it sounds, there's nothing worse than multiple photo frames, albums etc!

I think the break thing would be perfect!

As ungrateful as it sounds, there's nothing worse than multiple photo frames, albums etc!

That's what I was thinking about photo frames, albums etc! I think if it was me, I'd like getting the break :)

xx

Maybe a couple of bottles of wine, do a "one for now, one for your 5 year anniversary." thing. We got a gift like that for our wedding and thought it was one of the most thoughtful things ever.

The hotel thing is really nice, but I would suggest seeing if the place you have in mind does (or will do) some kind of certificate. Then you can surprise them with it instead of grilling them beforehand to figure out a date to make the reservation.

That sounds like a lovely idea.
I also like the wine idea, my dad had kept a bottle of champagne from our wedding for a big anniversary but then cracked it open for the birth of our son. Xx

I ended up drinking ours, alone, on a random day, after my husband decided to abandon me for 5 days of camping/fishing with his sister and BIL. We had a fight because I refused to go (can't stand either of his sisters or their husbands).

But it doesn't change the fact that it was a lovely thought (and the wine was actually very good).

The hotel sounds lovely. For beautiful wedding gifts though I always go on not on the high street, it's a brilliant website and has some beautiful, thoughtful gifts.

The break sounds like a good idea. If you wanted to get something physical too, you could buy a little personalised gift. Ebay has lots of sellers that make gifts such as wooden horseshoes with names engraved on, art prints with relevent words, wedding boxes to put wedding paraphanalia in etc

I ended up drinking ours, alone, on a random day, after my husband decided to abandon me for 5 days of camping/fishing with his sister and BIL. We had a fight because I refused to go (can't stand either of his sisters or their husbands).

But it doesn't change the fact that it was a lovely thought (and the wine was actually very good).

Desperate times calls for desperate measures.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"