Nickname for Eliza

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
Please tell me what nickname you would use for this name?

(There is one me and OH hate but when we say that Eliza is our chosen name everyone says it!)

I had a best friend called Eliza growing up. We called her Lizey or Lize. Her mum called her Lizey Loo

I wouldn't nickname it/shorten it. My cousins daughter is called Eliza, and nobody calls her anything different x

Thanks everyone. We dislike Liz/Lizzie and everyone mentions it as soon as we say Eliza so was just seeing if it was a common connection.
We will likely use Ella, x

We were going to use Eliza if we had a girl and still will if we going on to have a daughter in the future. TBH, we wouldn't shorten it as it's such a beautiful name - however, if we had to choose a nickname it would probably be Elle or Ella. x

ooh and just saw ur siggy. Congrats on your engagement! x

Thankyou!
It was extremely cute, he made cupcakes saying 'will you marry my daddy? Love Isabelle'
And you're right it is a beautiful name and I likely won't shorten it but oh will x

Couldn't you just call her Eliza and not shorten it? Ella is a whole other name! I agree I'm not keen on Liz but don't worry I don't think it automatically would be that as you have the 'lize' sound in Eliza, not 'liz' like in Elizabeth x

Congrats on the engagement!

Thankyou.
& I like to have a nickname prepared.
We normally chose a name based on it's nick name as we both use them a lot x

Eli(ie) is what I would use.

I would go with Ellie I think. To me, Ella is a different name altogether? Beautiful name btw :)

I can't connect Ella to Eliza, I would use 'lize' (pr lies) it's beautiful name, congrats x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->