NICU keepsakes...what did you take...

nkbapbt

Double Preemie Momma
Reaction score
Ive noticed a lot of us "borrowed" things from the NICU in order to put in our babies memory boxes. I thought it would be fun to share what all you knicked!

I took:

-his first blood pressure cuff
-CPAP hats (different sizes) complete with nasal prongs and the mask
-preemie diaper
-his soother that they cut to fit under his breathing tube
-his name/info card
-his primary nurse lists
-a ton of ID bracelets
-hair they shaved off
-the locker tag that said which baby/parent the locker in the NICU belonged too! LOL
-his discharge plan sheet (a list of things we checked in order to go home)
-his diaper rash cream HA HA!

And bunch more stuff I cannot remember right now. Of course I kept several of his preemie outfits and hats.

I forgot EBM bottles! I have tons I still use a year later! LOL

We were given his creams and stuff like that too.

-The different sizes of CPAP hat

-her teeny dummy

- 3 blankets (1 by accident, 1 was given to me cause it smelt like LO, and 1, I nicked for the day she had eye surgery) It was a fitted sheet and in my sleepyness I used it to swaddle Alex, the fitted corner sat on her head like a hoodie, it was very cool lol!

-Her different ID tags and card

- a positional beanie ( a small one, I knew how expensive they are!)

- we kept loads of ebm bottles and I stocked up at home. They were really handy to have, and were fine to sterilize. And teats. We were given some more too. :blush:

- we took the cleaning bowl, I think they would have given us it though!

- we were given all the nappies, creams etc in her drawers to take home

However saying that a lot of the stuff we bought for her went missing in the hospital - assuming her clothes landed up in the laundry!

Dona dont you grass me in now! :rofl:

Great thread Nic................... hope no one watching us lot hehe

-firsy soother
-id bracelts
-medical card from incubator
-nappy cream (was a tiny tub and ideal for changing bag :blush:)
-tons of EMB bottles and teets
-gtube syringes for medicine (still use them now for dalivit etc_

really wish I had held onto a micr nappy now to show Matthew when he is bigger :cry::cry::cry:

Prob few other things but cant think now, oh in his box is his clothes for coming home, tiny slippers, his announcement when we put his birth in local paper and few other sentimental things like scan photos etc..... xx

The eye goggle thingy from her photo therapy (sp?) and the teeny tiny little bowl for washing her bum. We still use it now!

We have:
  • Two sizes of nappy - the miniscule one, and then the Pampers micro.
  • Various name bands - Andrew had three toys in his inci, each still has his nameband on it!
  • The goggles from his phototherapy
  • His ventilator (knitted) hat
  • His first Cpap hat
  • His Cpap nasal prong thingie
We actually gave the unit some of his clothing, once he had grown out of it.

He still has the blanket from the top of the inci - we took that in a couple of days after he was born, took it home periodically for washing, and then he came home wrapped in it.

If anybody wants "micro" size nappies for their keepsake box, send me a PM with your name & address - Andrew used these at home, so I still have a pack and a half!

Oh, and we won't mention the absolute heap of EBM bottles :D Not to mention spare shields & tubes :D

I have been looking through the kids boxes today as we are changing the bed room round.
We borrowed :blush:

His soother/ thummie thing
All his id tags
A spare ngt that was in a little box under his inci
His vent hits
His cpap hats
A little splint they had on his are for the iv's
Syringes
Transfer sheet ( he was born out of the local area due to no incs in our hospital)
His first outfit.
And loads of bottles for breast milk.

We also have loads of other things in it like his first nasal prongs as he was home on o2 and is still on nocturnal.
We donated hundreds of preemie clothes to them so don't feel to bad for borrowing a few things :haha:

Scotts has about the same in his but not o2 prongs.

Harleys has his goggles iv splint etc in

i think i need a suitcase for everything haha.

I took:

- First CPAP hat
- Nasal prongs
- Her monitor wires as she wired up for so long over 2 months
- Formula milk
- Nappy bowl
- EBM bottles
- ID Tags
- Medical card from incubator

I aim to put together a little memory box to give to her when she is old enough to understand what she went through as a extremely small baby...will probably give it to her when she is an ungrateful stroppy teenager...x

Our NICU made a memory bag for all the babies. Everyone had one hanging on the incubator, and nurses would put stuff in it all the time. Volutneers used to sew the bags, and the same volunteers made all the timy blankets that the hospital used. In ours we had-
*CPAP hats
*cute tiny hats
*felt goggles they wear under the jaundice lights
*a tiny nappy
*various wires, leads that were done with
*nasal prongs
*ID bracelets
*Name card that was by her incubator
*probably loads of other stuff Ive forgotton but its under her cot and she's asleep so dont want to disturb her!

We took:

CPAP hat
Name Card
A prem outfit
ID braclets
Tons of EBM bottles
Tons of Aptimil formula
Tons of Nappies
One tiny blanket

Sandi - I wont if you dont LOL

Chloe and Jaycee had two different dummies (Jaycee had this tiny nuk one) and Chloe had the one with the butterfly on it.

We had their
Dummies
Nappies (clean lol)
blood pressure cuffs
nasal canula
name cards
their eye masks for photo therapy
their teddies that were given to them
their clothes and stuff
and hats

Probably more but its all i could remember!!!

I will take a picture of Jaycee's dummy because she had it until she was 3 months old haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->