Night diaper for a heavy wetter

jessmke

Reaction score
Any suggestions for a heavy wetting tummy sleeping boy? I've tried going up a size, and tried a couple of different brands but so far they all leak leaving him soaked halfway through the night. I have to change his diaper at least once a night, which I don't mind doing except it always ends up with him being wide awake for over an hour. Any tips?

Is the absorbant pad wet through or just in one area? I've heard people putting nappies on backwards at night so there is more coverage at the front. Or maybe you could get a reusable nappy insert to put in the disposables at night for more absorbancy? Sorry I can't help with specific brands as the best nappies here are supermarket own brands

Is the absorbant pad wet through or just in one area? I've heard people putting nappies on backwards at night so there is more coverage at the front. Or maybe you could get a reusable nappy insert to put in the disposables at night for more absorbancy? Sorry I can't help with specific brands as the best nappies here are supermarket own brands

It's soaked through in the front, but the back isn't fully soaked. This problem only started since baby learned to roll and now sleeps on his tummy every night. We cloth diaper during the day so I'll try putting one of the inserts into his disposable night diaper and see if that does the trick, thanks!!

I use a mixed clothing and disposable diaper.Usually most us would like to use the most absorbent diapers at night. At night extra absorbent diaper could mean a big difference between a deep sleep and sleepless night. Personally, I use Pampers Baby Dry

Without sounding like a nut, I used to put a maternity pad in DS2's nappy at night for the same reason. Saved a LOT of washing and meant he slept well too. The bulkiness of the pad in his nappy didn't seem to bother him either.

The problem ended up sorting itself out as he started sleeping longer stretches at night and not feeding as much. He now only has 1-2 feeds at night and his diaper is pretty full in the morning but we haven't had a leak in months. He wears a size 4(!) Huggies and it gets him through the night now. It's funny because my two year old wears a size 3 diaper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->