Night feeding

Sorsha

Tentatively expecting #2
Reaction score
DS is coming up on six months now, and is just starting to go longer at night before he needs his first feed (he was going down around 7pm and waking between 9:30 and 10pm, now he's going until at least midnight). He sleeps the first chunk in his crib and then I take him into bed with me because he usually wakes and won't go back to sleep without eating at least another 2-3 times before he's ready to get up in the morning, and I get a lot more sleep if I don't have to get out of bed to go to him.

I've heard that by six months babies aren't supposed to "need" night feeds anymore, but obviously every baby is different and some just don't/can't eat enough during the day. I'd like to let him ease off them naturally rather than trying to force him to night wean. So I was wondering, at what age did your LOs start sleeping through the night without needing/"insisting" on any feeds? Did they drop the night feeds on their own or did you find you ended up needing to help that along?

If my son sleeps in bed with DH and me, he sleeps through but if he sleeps in his cot, he wakes ever few hours. I don't think he wakes for a feed all the time, but I do think he relies on bf to go back to sleep. He hasn't learned to self sooth yet x

My almost 9 month old is on basically the same schedule as yours. Sometimes he only wakes once more after I bring him to bed, sometimes it's several times. They are going through so many changes in the first year so varying feeding needs are normal :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->