Night nappies for toddler

noon_child

Reaction score
My 4 yr old is not dry at night yet which doesn't worry me. However, our night nappies are soooo threadbare and quite difficult to put on even though they are size large, now she's bigger. My husband says she looks uncomfortable with the amount of inserts we use, and it really stretches her pyjamas out of shape, but any less and her bum feels soooo wet in the morning.

Are there any cloth night nappies that are bigger in actual size so that you need fewer inserts? I've been looking second hand because she might go dry any month now, but have seen nothing, but my husband doesn'want to buy new if we won't get the use of them. He is leaning towards disposable pull-ups.

What do you other Mums use? She isn't a big child so there must be other people facing our dilemma?

Have you thought about using 2 x 70cm bamboo terry squares, with a fleece liner and wool longies? That will probably be slimmer fitting than a regular night nappy, and they also dry really quickly. Fold the 2 squares together as one nappy. The wool cover instead of PUL makes a huge difference as well to the comfort and wetness feel, as the nappy underneath can breathe so well.

Have you thought about using 2 x 70cm bamboo terry squares, with a fleece liner and wool longies? That will probably be slimmer fitting than a regular night nappy, and they also dry really quickly. Fold the 2 squares together as one nappy. The wool cover instead of PUL makes a huge difference as well to the comfort and wetness feel, as the nappy underneath can breathe so well.

Interesting idea - but I'd have to learn how to fold a nappy :haha: as we've been in pockets since day one, no folded ones at all. I asked my Mum to show my how to do a terry one once but she just couldn't remember!

Do you have any good stockists of these items so I can go check them out?

Are you using pockets at night? I'm not a fan of pockets to be honest, and wouldn't use them at night myself.

What fabric(s) are you using for absorbancy? With my kids I bought some fitteds that are a organic hemp bamboo mix, and I pad them up with a bamboo insert and a small hemp insert that gets folded into a pad. I don't use wool but I've heard it's brilliant for night time. I use a large thirsties cover.

Youtube has a lot of videos in regards to folding nappies.

Night nappies are bloody expensive in my opinion, so I only bought a few and wash them and get them drying as soon as they come off in the morning.

The ones I bought are a local New Zealand one, but I think the Baby Beehinds Night Nappy might be a more international type of night nappy. I have heard they are low rise though. Or what about tots bots bamboozles?

Are you using pockets at night? ...

What fabric(s) are you using for absorbancy?

They are 2 x Ellas House - Hemp nappies with a fleece lining that creates the pocket and 2x Terry nappy without pocket (can't remember the brand, but we bought them recently second hand when some of the Ella's house fell apart. We tend to boost outside the nappy rather than stuff the pocket as it means we can do them up more easily but obviously they are still bulky.
We boost with long bamboo rectangles and various hemp boosters bought second hand from different places.

I've used the Ellas House night nappy since she was 3months old (different sizes) and loved them because they are high at the waist and keep everything in and the hemp so absorbent, but now she just seems so moist in the morning I keep adding boosters.

I generally find bamboo better than hemp. I ended up swapping. We do bamboozle with the booster it comes with plus one extra inside and bamboo trifold outside. Hemp tends to be mixed with quite a bit of cotton so can end up feeling more soggy.

We use an overnight bamboo fitted made by Sloomb or Sustainablebabyish with a wool cover and this combo works great for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->