Night Shift

Atlmommy37

Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if anyone works night shift. If so, how do you do your temperature?

Hi i am a nurse and sometimes have to work nights, i have found that when i temp on waking during the day usually around 14.00 after at least three hours sleep they are usually consistently higher than a nights sleep. I have an ap on my ipad for temping so i place a note for that day stating nights ! It can be frustrating when trying to pinpoint ovulation as i have had to be more of a detective but i have got used to it. I have found that my night shift temps are approx 0.5 degrees higher than my day temps. I am sure you will learn how your body reacts over time and there is a pattern. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! I read several places that if you worked nights tracking your temp wouldn't work. I was hoping someone had found a way.

I am also an RN...not doing nights anymore but I was when I conceived my first child...and for me temping didn't work...I tried temping when i woke after a solid chunk of sleep and like the other poster it was higher but for me it was all over the place and never showed a consistent pattern at all...

I then discovered off nights that my temp does not follow the ideal pattern anyway.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->