Night terrors, anyone?

BadMamaJAMA

Reaction score
Hello--

It's 2 AM and my SO and I are both awake and terrified at present. We went to bed before midnight, and 30 minutes ago we had an...incident.

I woke up screaming because I saw a little boy standing at the end of the bed and felt someone touching my foot. My screaming made SO scream, so we both just sat there screaming for a spell. Then he was shaking and upset and I was trying to comfort him for what felt like hours.

I've had these night terrors before, but not since we've been together. I read that they're much more common in children, and adults who have them likely have "emotional problems."

The only problem I can think of is this overwhelming fear of losing Peanut. I sang in a concert this week, and I ran to the bathroom during rehearsal because I thought there was blood running down my leg. Turns out I had been sweating under the stage lights. Right after I stopped screaming, I reached down to make sure I wasn't bleeding.

Has this happened to anyone else? Am I in for nine months of scaring my poor SO to death?

Oh how terrifying for you and OH. All I can say is in pregnancy our dream become so vivid they can be terrifying if its something bad. I remember being pregnant with dd and having a dream I thought was so real I actually went through my day thinking someone had died who hadn't! So this does sound like it is pregnancy related. Maybe just be very careful of what of watch before bed and what you read or talk about??

aww bless you, that sounds awful. I have never experienceed anything like that, but did have a spell of bad dreams (happens when I get really stressed). I read somewhere about night terrors, that one of the ways to stop them is to interurpt the sleep. For example, you go to bed, fall asleep, and ask OH to wake you about 30 minutes into your sleep, maybe get a drink, pop to the toilet and go back to bed. Apparently this interruption to your sleep can be enough to stop the night terrors....goodness me if they went on for 9 months you would be utterly exhausted!

Oh no I really feel for you. I have really bad night terrors, over the years my DH has got used to it and is able to calm me very quickly. I go through phases of seeing things in the bedroom too, be it people or spiders or equally horrible stuff :( It's really awful.

I find that mine get really bad if I'm stressed or worried about something, so the fear of something happening in your pregnancy has probably triggered them. I have no suggestions as to how to stop them and can only sympathise hun.

Hoping we both sleep a little easier!

Thanks so much, Athena! It really helps to know that I'm not alone. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"