Night time potty training 3.5yr old

TatorMom

Mom of 3
Reaction score
My son is 3.5yr old son he been fully day time potty trained for month now, but he still wears a diaper at nap and night time. I'm not sure how to potty train him at night time or if it's just something that they do on their own. It would be nice to not have him in diapers anymore, but then he'd wake up half way through the night because he's soaked in pee. We've tried it before, if you can't tell. I feel like this is a question for mom's of kids who are more 4-5 and have been through it. Does anyone have any tips and/or suggestions?

My eldest had to stay in night nappies until he was 5/6 years old. It is completely normal for some kids to still be in night nappies up to the age of 6, when my son had his night time problem we were told that it wasnt seen as a problem until they were over 7 years old.

Night time training is something that you cant push and they do it when they are ready, if your son is still waking up at night wet then he just isnt ready. When they have been dry for 7-10 nights straight then thats the sign the may be ready to go without a nappy or bed sheet (so my doctor said). If you really want him out of night nappy then you can buy bed sheets that you put under his sheets to protect his mattress, but at the end of the day this isnt going to stop him wetting the bed, it may well just give you more work and more washing.

I would just let him be for a bit, 3.5 is still very young and I know of some 3 year olds that are still in day nappies. x

There are things you can do to train them but i follow the.... when they are ready and able route always............my eldest daughter wasnt dry at night until 4 and my youngest is 3 and still not dry at night............they are both heavy sleepers and drink tons and tons - they would not wake up to have a wee and could not hold the amount of fluids they drank during the evening all night - so i let them my eldest wear them until she woke up dry every night for two weeks and i will do the same with my youngest.

Lots of people i know limit fluids and wake them up before they go to bed to have a wee etc but i dont like either of those ideas alot of people also say they prefer to wash wet sheets then buy nappies.

I guess the main thing to remember there is no magic age all children are different just as when toilet training during the day - they get there in the end x

I agree with the others.

Daniel is 5 and is still in nappies - he wakes up every morning with a bulging nappy and that's even if he hasn't drunk anything for hours before going to bed.

I would wait until your lo has been dry overnight for at least a week before attempting anything.

I didn't night train my 2 just left them in nappies untill they had dry nappies for at lest 2 weeks then took them off of a night and made sure then new where the potty was. My ds2 has been out on nappies now for 3 months and not wet the bed (yet)

I didn't night train my 2 just left them in nappies untill they had dry nappies for at lest 2 weeks then took them off of a night and made sure then new where the potty was. My ds2 has been out on nappies now for 3 months and not wet the bed (yet)

This^^^^^ My 2 were potty trained from two in the day and just put in a nappy at night, within a couple of weeks stopped using them alltogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->