Nightmares

XKatX

Reaction score
My poor Oliver, who is 11 weeks old, suffers from terrible nightmares. He will be fast asleep, crying with a really distressed and upset look on his face. He has had them since birth and it breaks my heart so much to see. :cry: The cry he gives out is just so awful.
Anyone elses LO suffer this and what can I do about it? I try and cuddle him, but sometimes he just won't wake up and is inconsolable. I hope that me holding him makes it a bit easier for him. Poor little mite.:cry:

It may not be nightmares... I think you have said he suffers from reflux? He may just be waking from the pain. I dont think babies that young can have nightmares... what would they hve them about?

Bless him how awful. Poor little thing xxx

im sure babys can dream and even have nightmares....i can tell when archies dreaming as hes eyes really start flikin loads and hes face expressions...so thy must b able to have nightmares too...as for wat ya can do hun i really dont no ....if he wont wake up jus keep holding him i guess xx

Yeah I agree, just keep holding him xxx

What would they have nightmares about though? Eye flickering is a sign of being in the REM stage of sleep, where dreaming does happen... but other then that, what would they dream about? The cant imagine monsters and stuff yet?

Helena has nightmares too. I know it is, because she all of a sudden does this extremely sad face and starts crying a diffferent cry, just for a few minutes though.

Sometimes she has happy dreams because she does the opposite. Smiles really big and giggles.

:hugs:

I don't know what there is to do besides hold him and let him know his mommy is there and it will be ok :)

when i watch ciaran sleep he smiles alot :D must be thinking of his mummy:cloud9:

check with the doc but it could be relatively normal, Ted has cried in his sleep before. BUt what could such a young baby know about to have nightmares?
it could also be wind etc?

It may not be nightmares... I think you have said he suffers from reflux? He may just be waking from the pain. I dont think babies that young can have nightmares... what would they hve them about?

He has silent reflux - not acid,so has no pain from it. I was once told that dreams and nightmares can be them reliving the birth. As I had a traumatic labour, I really worry that it could be this. I think thats why I get so upset about it :cry:

He has silent reflux - not acid,so has no pain from it. I was once told that dreams and nightmares can be them reliving the birth. As I had a traumatic labour, I really worry that it could be this. I think thats why I get so upset about it :cry:

oh honey don't no what to say just wanted to send you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Tabs really has nightmares too its really sad its not a normal cry, she starts wimpering at then gets worse and worse then wakes up with proper tears :cry: I really believe she's having bad dreams cos she also laughs in her sleep. We think its.... where is my food ... Oh wait there it is :lol:

Keep cuddling him hun, thats all we can do.
:hugs: for you too. x

i completely believe fin dreams when asleep. he giggles and chuckles and cries. some kind of primitive development of expression? either way, it's fascinating. hope things start to get better kat. i think some babies just do it. xx

a nightmare doesnt have to be about monsters for all we know bubs cud of been dreaming about being in a room where he cant see his mummy and no1 is comig for him which wud seem scary to him x

a nightmare doesnt have to be about monsters for all we know bubs cud of been dreaming about being in a room where he cant see his mummy and no1 is comig for him which wud seem scary to him x

Yea i totally agree with that, i just stroke Tabs face and give her lots of kisses and cuddles.

Actually they can have alot of pain from it still... but thats interestig about reliving the birth! You never know I guess!

Pretty sure you have spoken with a doctor already, but here is some info on silent reflux in case: https://www.infantrefluxdisease.com/silent-reflux.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->