Nighttime Nappies

Helen

ICSI Twins + miracle BFP
Reaction score
What nappies do you use at night for your LOs?

We've been using our Babybeehind washables up until recently. Tom had a nasty rash and the only thing that sorted it (aside from some steroid cream from the docs) was putting him in a disposable over night.

Charlotte's still been in the washables with a mega booster inside but recently they've both been waking up wet through in the morning. Charlotte woke up at 5.30am today absolutely soaking. I think it's probably because they both sleep on their tummies, it always seems to leak out the top of the nappies at the front.

I've bought some pampers size 3 for them today and they both have one of those on tonight. Tommy was in Sainsbury's own brand size 3s.

Any suggestions?

We use tots bots with a booster keeps her bum dry (well more than without it) She gets a few times a day with no nappy to try and prevent nappy rash, which seems to help.

We were using Tots bots bamboozles, but Kaya is a very heavy wetter and she would be soaked within 4 hours. We're now using Pampers baby dry and they're working really well.

Tried the pampers last night. Charlotte was ok but Tom had soaked through again.

Any other suggestions?

We were using Tots bots bamboozles, but Kaya is a very heavy wetter and she would be soaked within 4 hours.

We use tots bots bambozzles too, we have the swaddlebees fleece wrap for night time instead of the polyutherene wrap and we were finding Lilly had soaked right through, we had to experiment a bit with different folds and found that making sure the fold was the length of the nappy worked better and when we bought the booster pads and used them instead of the fleece liners it was and is water tight :)

Heres some pics for you:

Attachments

• STA40148.JPG
    STA40148.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 6
  • STA40149.JPG
    STA40149.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 9
In that second picture, is that your liner? It looks padded (a bit like a sanitary towel). Have I got that right?

Hi helen, apologies i should have written what was in the pics,

The first picture has the nappy and wrap

picture 2 is the nappy with the fold we have found works best and the booster with a disposable liner wrapped around it (easier for changing the nappy particularly if its poo)

the booster as you can see is quite think but also shaped to fit the nappy and of course you wash it with your nappies as normal (depending on what temp you do them at)
hope it helps

Helen I'm using Tesco's own size 3 for Kayleigh would you like me to send you a couple to see if they're any good for Tom?

Seren is in minki pockets boosted with a prefold and a microfibre cloth.

Hi helen, apologies i should have written what was in the pics,

The first picture has the nappy and wrap

picture 2 is the nappy with the fold we have found works best and the booster with a disposable liner wrapped around it (easier for changing the nappy particularly if its poo)

the booster as you can see is quite think but also shaped to fit the nappy and of course you wash it with your nappies as normal (depending on what temp you do them at)
hope it helps

Ahh so I think I geddit! You have the normal long booster inside your nappy folded and then another small booster with the liner wrapped round it. Is that right?

Helen I'm using Tesco's own size 3 for Kayleigh would you like me to send you a couple to see if they're any good for Tom?

That would be really kind of you. Thanks Caroline. I'll PM you my address.:friends:

We used kiwi quick flips at nightime and they were wonderful, i boosted them with some hemp and bamboo and then used wool over the top as pul wraps marked my dd's legs no matter what size i got!!

yup thats right helen, i think all types of reusables do boosters and tots bots bambozzles recommend the tots bots boosters, thing is you can mix them up as most nappies can be used with different types of boosters/liners etc so you can try them and use what you find works for your little cherubs - who by the way are amazingly cute!!

but you already know that!:):)

Tescos nappies have always workede well for me. Pampers, huggies leaked at night.

I did use Tesco nappies - they never leaked at night :)

Hi

Just wanted to update and confirm what others have said. Tescos nappies are great! Caroline very kindly (thank you again, Caroline :hugs:) sent me a few to try and we've had dry nights now the last few nights.

DH is on a mission to get to Tescos today to buy some more!

Thanks for the advice.

Helen

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back