Nipple Shields work wonders for latching a preemie!! :)

holdontohope

Reaction score
Just thought I would share! My baby is 4 weeks old and spent 2 weeks in the NICU. She was too weak to breast feed at first and hospital pushed pumping and bottles on me so she could come home faster. Well for the last 2 weeks I have been trying so hard to get her to bf because i want the bonding and I hate pumping and bottles. She refused the nipple all together the last week and it was so frustrating and upsetting to me!!! I cried about it often and was just going to give up when someone told me about nipple shields!

Omg they are amazing!!!!!! She hasn't had a bottle in 24 hours and also isn't having choking episodes with the breast! I am just thrilled and on :cloud9: I am not sure how long I will have to use them for, but I don't care at this point.

YAY :happydance:

Same sort of thing happened to me. Mine wasn't textbook preemie, but born at 37 weeks he was a little small and on the frail side. I did give up breastfeeding for weeks and was pumping next to nothing, but at 6 weeks I stuck with it with a breast shield and my production went up. And now we're at 4 months still breastfeeding with the shield ^^ Good luck and congrats to your new addition!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->