NIPT blood test and gender...

iBeach

Reaction score
We were team yellow until I spoke to genetic counselor and obtained my results from NIPT. Everything came back perfect...aaaaaand...I ended up calling her back and asking for the gender :dohh:

She said... its a BOY :happydance::baby:

Now, do you believe that is 100%? she said YES.

We were told by mistake after our harmony test with DS1. I believe with a boy is very accurate because it means they found male dna, which obviously isn't yours :).

Aw congrats! I'm excited to see if it is right with my ultrasound in a couple weeks but with boys they say its very accurate cause they found a y chromosome.

I asked my OB about the accuracy of these tests during my last pregnancy when he told me my results. He said that he has only ever seen it be wrong one time and it was an unfortunate situation where the mother was initially carrying twins and had lost one later in her first trimester. The blood test picked up on the lost twin's trace amount of DNA left in her womb and told her the gender of the twin that she lost (boy) instead of the twin that she was actually carrying still (girl).

Its confirmed!!!

IT'S A BOOOOY :happydance:

I would be just as exited for a girl ;)) Went for a private quick ultrasound yesterday and we could see his little ....:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->