• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

no appetite bfing?

Kristalebear1

<3 Isobel's Mommy <3
Reaction score
I breastfeed and pump little girl but I'm having trouble eating.. I have no appetite at all. I had my daughter 9 days ago and I just find myself forgetting to eat. I drink milk, eat apple sauce, belvita soft bake breakfast crackers, and such as its all I can stomach but not alot.. Today I ate a belvita, 2 apple sauces, a slim jim, and a glass of milk. I also sleep as much as I can which isn't alot haha but that's due to breastfeeding and pumping, oh my tiredness haha I'm up almost every 2 hrs. Today I only got 3 hrs of sleep all together... So it's sporadic..

Is this norm? I still take my prenatal and a calcium pill but I have no appetite really..

hi, congratulations!

I felt the same for the first couple of weeks after giving birth I really couldn't face eating that much so I just tried to graze all day eating little and often and whatever I fancied just to make sure I was getting something which sounds like you are doing the same! I would try not to worry or think about it too much and I' m sure your appetite will return to normal very soon once you get over the initial shock to your body from giving birth etc. Infact mine returned and I literally couldn't eat enough to satisfy myself and 10 months on still having the breastfeeding monster appetite going on.

I was worried that my milk would be affected but trust your body, it will figure it out for you, just you might end up feeling a bit rubbish so try to keep grazing and lots of fluids.

well done sounds like you are doing fantastic!

Some days I am like that, some days I am ravenous. I don't know how to explain it. Oh and I'm tandem nursing too, so my milk producing needs are high, I'm making plenty. I am also not as thirsty as I think I should be. I think our bodies are burning off the extra we stored during pregnancy right now and might not look for so much from outside sources.

For the first 2 or 3 weeks after birth I was the same. I didn't want to eat at all. I forced myself to eat 3 small meals a day because I was worried about my milk supply. I was pumping every 3 hours and had heaps of milk though. So I don't think it effected my supply. My little one was very sick when he was first born so I think that may have contributed to me not wanting to eat

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->