No bowel movement in 4 days!

Mimzy3

Reaction score
My 8 month old has not had a bowel movement since Saturday. And even then it was just one solid turd. I gave him 3oz of pureed prunes on Saturday after the one bowel and Pears Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Still no poop. And He seems to be pushing but nothing comes out. What else can I try? I've heard of moms using Castro Oil? How does that work how much do you give them?

I wouldnt use the oil! If you ebfing then its normal for baby to go a few days without a bm...but if youre worried id just continue with the prunes and introduce more water...if he hasnt gone in a week, or seems to be in pain or has a hard tummy...id go see a doc:):)

I was going to suggest water. My LO has trouble sometimes if she refuses her sippy cup all day.

I give him water in a sippy cup every day but he won't drink from it! I guess that's a whole different question. How do I get him to actually drink from the sippy cup or will he when hes ready and just keep offering it?

He ended up finally having 6 bowel movements yesterday! I didn't give him any oil just the fiber foods like pears. He was screaming and crying as he pushed it out though :( poor little guy.

Have you tried water from a bottle until he takes the sippy cup?

funny you say that I just tried that this morning! No luck he wouldn't drink it :wacko: I'm using Nursery water is that okay? Maybe it tastes weird to him?

I always use orange juice for constipation on a little one. I watered it down until recently but the last few months he has had neat and it never fails to work. Also from 6 months DS1 drank water from a shot glass. He just liked to copy us! Not drinking shots of course just using a glass!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->