no confidence

needhope

Mother of 1
Reaction score
no matter what i do i cant feel slim or good about myself. im 5 8, a size 12 and at least 10lbs lighter than before i was pregnant. i eat healthily and go running and other exercise but i always feel horrible. if i have a treat i feel guilty :(

anyome else feel this way? i need some ways to feel more confident.

I honestly do feel most self confidence comes from within- yes, how we view our selves on the outside can affect it, but I do think that most woman are pretty picky and will zone in on things that others may not even notice. I remember as a teenager being self concious of things- but I look back now, and I have to wonder WHY??? I was beautiful. I still am. Maybe I notice the "flaws" - I think that is natural... but overall, I have more self confidence now than I did at 22. I'm 39 btw and it took having my LO to really put my energy into losing the weight I'd slowly gained since high school.

What I try to do- although easier said than done at times, it look at myself in the mirror (naked or bra/panties) and look for the things I'm proud of, the things that are unique and beautiful to me. No one else. Then remind myself that I'm not perfect, I never will be, but I can strive to be my best... whether that is physically or emotionally.

You are unique and beautiful because of WHO you are... flaws and all. No one is or ever will be perfect. As beauty is subjective. Always will be. But if you are happy within yourself- then the flaws don't mean so much. I won't lie. I dont' like some of my flaws- so if I can fix them, within reason, I will... I don't see anything wrong with that. But ultimately, I have to be comfortable in my own skin. It's the only body I have. And your overall self confidence shouldn't be tied to some flaw you see... it should be tied to who you are, and how you feel about yourself overall.

:hugs:

btw- sorry to go on... :haha:

If you have a treat, so what, that is a moment. I have treats often- tbh, it's what keeps me motivated the other 90% of the time. And when my body fights my weight loss- sometimes having a day I just don't care is what snaps it back... like a reset. I only count calories- and try to eat healthy. But I'm realistic, that I cannot deprive myself of the foods I enjoy... what kind of life would that be? I just need to be healthy overall :)

The one thing that I found most challenging to building confidence was self-acceptance.

Before I could be confident in myself and my ability to go through with my weight loss journey (the first time around) I had to come to terms with and accept and love my body for the state it was in. It didn't mean I didn't want to lose weight at all.. if anything it motivated me even moreso.

By accepting and loving your body in its current state, you're accepting and embracing its limitations. By doing so you set new goals and challenges ahead of yourself and you're also better able to see your accomplishments.

Before, I would be viewing my body from a "past" standpoint... how I "used to be" and then I'd get upset and feel defeated when I was unable to do the things I used to be able to do. By embracing my present state I accept my limitations, celebrate my milestones and the end result is working my way back to how I was before and even better :)

Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->