No control over emotions

LEK74

Reaction score
Well I knew as soon as I posted on here it would open a floodgate for me. I think I might have been holding a lot in for weeks. Miscarried 5 weeks ago today and am currently having the AF from hell, but seems to be sending me doolally. My OH caught me sobbing hanging the washing up on Monday and I've suddenly just burst into tears for no reason. Well not no reason, but there didn't seem to be a catalyst!

I'm not one for a stiff upper lip, and I have definitely cried for our loss, but this is really knocking me down, do you think its the big surge of hormones due to AF making it worse? Do you get a bigger surge when you have had a MC? Does anyone else feel like they might be a bit like an emotional timebomb at the moment?

xx

Hi Lek74,
I am so sorry for your loss, it is still very recent for you so you are bound to be upset! I also feel like an emotional wreck and keep crying, i am due AF next week and dont I know it! My miscarraige was in March and I think I have def been more hormonal and emotional! It is totally normal please dont worry. Yes this is the best place to air it all! We all know your pain and that feeling of life of being unfair! Just talk to those close to you, you will mourn your baby forever but time will heal ease the pain. Make plans keep yourself busy. I felt I was wishing my life away sometimes as when I got AF I wanted the next month over! People say we need to relax and stop worrying - easier said than done!
Hope you feel better soon, good luck xxx

I definitely think the extreme depression is a result of hormones. At the beginning of each AF I am absolutely down for the count. Crying non-stop and the sobs are so hard I'm practically screaming and frightening poor DH. About half-way through AF I miraculously rebound and think, "well, that was silly of me". Happens that way every time.

It's tough but we'll pull through. :hugs:

Ya, I agree with the other ladies. Your loss is so recent, you need to give yourself time to heal. The emotions you feel are TOTALLY normal!! It's been 5 months for me and I'm still emotional. The pain will lessen, but I'm certain for me it will not go away until I have another baby.

I am similar to you, I keep crying for what seems like to reason. God help my boyfriend when I've had a few drinks, I don't stop crying for hours he doesn't know what to do with me. I think it is normal, it's horrible but.....normal :(

Hi LEK, I think it is completely normal to feel very emotional after a MC, also during PMT time it does tend to get worse. In my experience the pain of losing a pregnancy doesn't go away, but it does get easier with time.
:hugs:

Hey, I am so sorry for your loss.

I know exactly what you mean, its been nearly 5 months since I lost my little one and I still feel that my hormones are still slightly out of control especially just before period and during it. Its like my pms is ten times worse and I am super senstive, i find myself crying and I dont always know why or what has triggered it.

I'm going back to my dr's to dicuss it. Give yourself time it may be just your body trying to get back to some sort of normality.

:hugs:

Totally know how you feel. :hugs: Just got my 3rd (very unwelcome) AF yesterday after mc, and I was inconsolable. I started sobbing in the shower after getting another BFN, and then when AF started that morning, I had to leave work for an hour because I was crying too much. I didn't even care that people were probably wondering where I was, I was in too much of a state to be in there anyway. Today I am feeling just very depressed and completely de-engergized. Babies and heavily pregnant women everywhere just to rub it in!

It doesn't get much easier with each passing month, because the only thing I think that will truly help us heal is finally getting that BFP again. It would feel like a second chance. But for now, AF means there's just another month of waiting...

Just know you're not alone! :hugs:

Hi

So sorry for your loss. I am feeling exactly the same! Even to the point where I've started to question if I'm pregnant again because I havent felt this emotional since I was pregnant before. I mc on 14 July so a few weeks ago. The first week after mc I cried and it felt like life wasnt worth living, things would never be the same, etc but then I went back to work and routine sunk back in and my life felt like it started moving on again. Its only the last 5 days or so it seems to have hit me again....:sad2:

I am exactly the same. Anything - literally ANYTHING will set me off!

Bostonblonde, I agree, I will not be happy to see a big pregnant belly until it is my own, that is the only thing that will heal all of this. :hugs:

I have never been so emotional in my life, it is such a mad roller coaster. :wacko:
:dust:

I am so sorry for your loss. AF is such a hard time, its almost as if my body as reminding me "yaah boo, you're still not preggars!" and I have found it very emotional every month. I lost my little girl in March and part of me will never get over it and I never expected such a roller coaster of emotions. Coming on here does help and seeing that others are experiencing similar feelings does help.
Hugs
xxx

I definitely find it difficult when AF arrives. Especially the 1st AF after a mc. My hormones were all over the place until half way through that cycle. It was like the minute I started ovulating my emotions were mine again. We weren't ttc either so maybe it helped that there was no pressure.
:hugs: hang in there. It will only get better with time.

I have a really hard time when AF arrives and all the BFNs that come before it. I think it is normal although everyone including my husband make me feel crazy. BFN ruin my day I don't know why I keep testing and doing it to myself. It's a really difficult time. Just know that your not alone even though it feels that way!

I think it sounds like your hormones trying to sort themselves out, but also AF, especially a bad visit can just be a painful reminder of what is not happening yet for you. Let yourself grieve - it will hit you at random times. For now its such a fresh memory your mind needs time to heal as well as your body. All the hopes and dreams and plans take time to say goodbye to.
Give yourself a break, and space to say goodbye.

Hi everyone. Thanks so much for your replies, it makes me feel more human! Feel much better than last week, but perhaps its because its a new dawn, its a new day, its a new cycle for meeeeeeeeee and I'm feeling... hopeful? :) Starting to OPK again feels good, as I suppose the hope starts to build. Gonna try a combination of OPK, SMEP and more for good luck and cross my fingers :)

Had to see SIL on Saturday who is now 6mths and very big... felt really awkward at the beginning but we eased into talking about it, and it was fine. I feel like I have got pver a few mental hurdles in the last week - First AF, seeing SIL, seeing other friend who is 4 mths, and also going to a hen do, where I thought I would be 3 mths at it, and I wasn't. Thats seemed to be a lot harder than I thought, but now I have done it, I feel like its time to look forward.

I guess the story will be diff again, if I get a BFN, but what can we do but cross our fingers and uncross our legs :)

Hope everyone has a better week. Who needs Alton Towers with these rollercoasters hey?
xxxxxxx

im the same but i gave birth to a 26 week old baby girl and she died soon after we are trying this month

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->