No Cry Sleep Solution book

KarenLV

Reaction score
Just want to know, is there anyone who has NOT had success with this books methods? What other method did you follow then?

Ive never used books... We just tried different things and found what worked for us. But she has had the same familiarities with bedtime since a week old...

Good luck!

One the couple occasions we've hit a road block, controlled crying has worked... IE: I put her down awake, she is ok and then starts crying... I go up and give her her dummy without picking her up etc, maybe rub her tummy etc until she settles and leave again... And repeat. I once had to do this for about an hour, but Ive only done it once. She is very good now.

I read that book, and it did give some very helpful suggestions, but I can't write everything down, and Kathryn's main problem is teething and wanting a bottle in the middle of the night (she just wont sleep until we give in and give it to her-even trying to calm her for a hour!). What helped me most was the importance of a bedtime routine, and putting her to bed earlier. The bedtime routine works to put Kathryn down faster because she knows what is coming next and expects sleep, and learning that most babies are ready to sleep by 6:30-7 helped to out her down before she gets over tired. There also some good tips and ideas that are useful (such as having the whole hour before bed be dim and calm and quite/peaceful), I just couldn't write everything down for 10 days, and a lot of it wasn't really working. So I took some ideas (the ones mentioned above) and combined them with my own instincts and a bit of CIO (though I have to stand over the crib with my hand holding her butt down cause she'll shove her head in the corner very fast). So try out different methods, combine ideas and go with what works. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->