no libido???????

TCK_Runner

Reaction score
As the title says... It started sometime in pregnancy and hasn't returned.... I normally have a very high one and emotionally I am still very much connected to my husband, who has been very helpful and supportive of everything so far. What the hell is going on??????

I blame hormones and exhaustion!! There is no way I feel like doing anything past a hug when I am tired.. its just too hard :shrug:
It gets better though.. :thumbup:

It's not exhaustion... my husband and I are still taking sleeping shifts and Emma's sleeping pretty well most nights... I do think it's hormonal. I read online that it's related to breastfeeding and ovulation (etc). This bothers me a lot. I feel like I'm losing something with my partner that's very special, plus (of course) I am always less stressed out after we have sex :haha: (For the record, we are still snuggling, hugging, kissing, and doing all the other lovely things... I just feel terrible - both for his sake but also for mine - that we aren't having sex. I want to get back to normal. I have not really enjoyed sex in the orgasmic sense since something ridiculous like last August. :nope: )

I swear though if it's not one thing it's another - the other day I discovered that my refrigerated milk goes bad within 24 hours because she suddenly was pushing the bottle away from my husband... so I tried a more recent pump (last few hours) and she took that. I smelled the rejected milk - and everything over a day old in the fridge - and it smelled (and tasted) like dish soap!!! Well, then I did research on it and realized it was probably the enzyme in my milk breaking down relatively quickly, so I smelled the rest of the milk in the fridge and had to throw out most of my stash and start anew. I'm now freezing a few bags to see if I thaw those out if she'll take them... and yes I'm also feeding a bit directly on the boob, but that isn't going to work for us in the long run anyways given 1) her crap latch (from Day 1 and because following my horrible hospital experience I had bleeding nipples), 2) I am planning to get back to work within the next two months and 3) for some reason she still appears to be eating and digesting the HIPP formula better than my milk (though we are only giving the formula to her once per day max right now because I do believe in the health benefits of breast milk), though for the life of me I can't figure out why. I've made it nearly 5 weeks breastfeeding, but I'm going week by week right now and re-assessing how much longer I can do this.... especially because I had to pump for a while as my milk came in late and my milk production is not terrific. We have a pediatrician visit this week so I'll have a chat with him about all of it. My goal initially was 6 months, but I've revised that to 3 at this point. I am pretty sure I can make it 3 months/12 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->