No maternity coverage??? Really??

parkgirl

Mom to Iris
Reaction score
I got a letter in the mail today from my insurance company stating they are no longer offering maternity coverage. I've spent the past few hours searching online for supplemental coverage, but all that I have found have a 24 month waiting period. I have no idea what to do now. Why do they send you these things on Friday...I guess they know they will not be open until Monday and maybe you will have cooled off by then.

Oh, and as an added bonus, my rates are increasing.

We make just a tiny bit over what would qualify. At least I think that's right. I just hate that we have been paying extra for the coverage and kept that insurance after I lost my job. We could have been saving the extra money each month and been better off.

I don't want this to push back our date. I'm ready to start trying after the first of the year.

:( I hope you get it sorted soon (sorry I don't have anything more to add, I'm UK based so not too sure how it works in America, its all covered here)

Ok, not sure how this all works as I'm canadian and our government pays for our maternity pay and all health costs. Can't you call the insurance company and get the extra money you've been paying in towards maternity insurance? Or is it not seperated like that?

You can't get back what you didn't use. If I would have had a baby during that time, it would have been covered.

My best bet is to find a full time job with benefits that will cover me. I've been searching for a job for a while, but it has to be worth leaving the one I have now. If my current job would just offer benefits I'd be set.

Hubby has a call into his work to see if I can get added onto his policy. Hopefully that will work.

Can't offer advice as I'm UK based but I did want to send hugs and good thoughts that it works out and you don't have to delay!

best Wishes,
Dinah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"