No naps??!?!?

Ema

Mummy :) xxx
Reaction score
OK jacob is a rubbish sleeper, and used to nap 2-3 x 30mins nap in the day and still be up 5-6x in the night :dohh:

Well yesterday and today jacob has decided he doesnt like naps :dohh:

So from 7.30am yesterday till 9pm!! Jacob never slept! and today we've been up since 8am and he is still awake?!?!

HELP?!?! He is happy and not winging but just wants to play play play, please tell me this is just a phase?? lol and is it safe for them to sleep so lil??

Unless i take him for a walk he wont sleep but its snowing now and icy :dohh: so cant go.....HELP?? XxX

He is teething could this contribute to him not napping?? xxX

His teething could be causing it. Does he get overtired if he hasn't napped?

And I thought Hannah was bad. His teething could be a factor I would say. Hope that it passes quickly for you :hug:

If he's happy though he shouldn't be tired or surely he'd get whingey? I think babies should still be sleeping if they need to at that age.

His teething could be causing it. Does he get overtired if he hasn't napped?

no he's fine, if we go out he will nap but if were in the house he is fine playing ALL DAY!!! :rofl: xx

Jasmine doesn't nap much either... A couple short 30min naps in the day. But she usually falls asleep about 7pm and gets up around 7am.

I figured maybe once she is more active, crawling and stuff, she may sleep a bit more in the day.

Do you put Jacob in his room to nap? I never used to put Jasmine in her crib and she would nap for 2-3 hour, but lately I have been trying and I just got some darker curtains to make her room darker to see if that will help, because now she wont have long naps anywhere. I figure her being out in a lighter room may be overstimulating.

i put him in his cot but come back 10mins later and he's playing with his toys so tryed taking them out and he still wont nap :dohh: even on me....xxx

Lola never naps much. There were days when she didn't nap at all, just like Jacob she only wanted to play!

Now she naps about 1 1/2 -2 hours tops during the day! I'm telling you, you can't tire this girl out!

oh man! Oliver still having naps so not sure what can offer but have the opposite and he gets up every 2-3 hours for feeds inthe night hmmm....does Jacob sleep through? maybe he might if he is not napping? he is grumpy though or quie content playing?

he is up 5-6 times a night!!! 4times if im really lucky!! he used to only get up once and now is up and down, yet for 2 days now doesnt want to nap :dohh: he still awake now screaming at the dogs then laughing :D xxx

oh sweetie, could be his teeth, or maybe he'll be like this for a few days then go back to napping, other than the cot thing, don't no what to suggest, he sounds very happy bless him, :hugs: - for you x

:rofl: now he kickin with his nappy off :dohh: theres nothing that will tire him out, i wouldnt mind if he slept all night but he doesnt lol oh well as long as it aint doing him harm :) XxX

My 2 were exactly like this around the same age and my HV said it can happen when they are having a growth spurt!

THANK YOU :) I hope it is only a growth spurt, those lil naps give me a chance to do everything i need to, now im juggling a baby and washing and cooking tea XxX

Jay has started teething too and I swear by Dentinox teething gel :D I put a bit on his gums before I put him down and he'll usually nod off, but only for 30 mins max!!

xx

:rofl: now he kickin with his nappy off :dohh: theres nothing that will tire him out, i wouldnt mind if he slept all night but he doesnt lol oh well as long as it aint doing him harm :) XxX

Aww i can't wait to see him, sounds like he's turned into a right cheeky chappy!!

As for the nap thing i have no idea...sorry x

I would suggest feeding , him change him and put him in his crib , he will play and eventually fall asleep lol max is the same but hes gotten the point that its nap time , he will play for 6 min then doze off with the occasional whimper here and there

sorry, no help from me cause my little man is the same. he wakes up 4-6 times a night and naps 3 times*20-30min each time,if very lucky maybe an hour once but not often maybe a few times a month he naps that long (yes ! an hour is a long nap for him,lol)

he is up 5-6 times a night!!! 4times if im really lucky!! he used to only get up once and now is up and down, yet for 2 days now doesnt want to nap :dohh: he still awake now screaming at the dogs then laughing :D xxx

lol maybe the dogs have something to do wit it... hehehhe:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->