No. of meals per day?

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
me again :blush: this weaning mer-larky is confusing :lol:

just wondering how you all introduced more meals?

maddi is currently having one lunch time one, of veg and yesterday gave her a rusk and juice later in the day. she has been on 1 meal per day for the last week. was going to up it after two weeks, to two meals per day.
what do you guys think?
what was/is your LO eating at that age? (she's 6months of thurs)

thanks guys

x

I think you should move from 1-3 in a month, or so I was told! If she's ready she will take to it, and if she's not then she won't. Good luck, I'd try breakfast next, dinner is hard to introduce I found!

thank you toria, very helpful!! :) i was thinking about breakfast next :) i can imagine how difficult dinner can be! x

we've been weaning for nearly a month adn are now on 3 meals. I think we went from 1 to 2 after a week and then to 3 after another 2 or 3 weeks. My LO has baby cereal for bekkie, fruit or vege puree with crumbled rusk in it for lunch then vege and fruit puree for tea. I'm about to start adding in a rusk or snack in the afternoons as he seems to be able to eat and eat!!I made up the timing myself and I'm very confused about portion sizes!!....

I intorduced lunch then dinner/tea and finally breakfast.

Hiya hun...my LO was on one meal a day (around lunchtime same as you) for 2 weeks...i then went onto 2 on my 3rd week and 3meals on my 4th week...so basically in 1month...as for the first 2 weeks he was on baby rice/veg purees of different sort...i combined some veg together as a meal or offered meat in his diet gradually...i have basically been making food from the annabel karmel book and he has been a happy baby...plus i give him yogurt sometimes and combining different fruits together...he loves them...if you run out of ideas you can always buy a jar, i do that for a change sometimes...

When offering 2meals i also went onto breakfast.

Goodluck hun xx

Well Alasdair is still not 6 months but we did lunch, dinner then breakfast. We moved from 2 to 3 very quickly. I didn't really follow a strict regime or time scale - I'm more of a 'try it and see if it works' kind of Mum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->