no period after 9 weeks post dnc...???please help

babyxdx

Reaction score
i had a dnc 14th sep they didnt fully remove everything also this led to an infection, they gave me antibiotics and had to have another dnc procedure the following week, 20th sep. since then i had light spotting 5 weeks ago but nothing,,,no period at all. the past few weeks ive had the cramps and feel like im goin to come on period but nothing....im desperate to come on nowas i want to try and conceive soon as.

basically its been 9 weeks since 2nd op and no period....im very concerned.

has any1 hadthe same problem and eventually seen a AF. please help. im worrying my self sik that i may have some kind of scaring etc ...xxx

I'm so sorry you are going through this! What do your doctors say about it?

rang my doctor...he's so laid back he isnt really bothered at the moment. ive rang the hospital ward where i had the procedure, they have asked me to go in for check up on saturday.

i had my hcg counted down till it reached 6 so i know it wont be leftover tissue...also had all test for sti etc all negative even though i new this anyway.

not sure what they will do on saturday when i go bak for check up? ive just been readin stories on internet and its makin me worse...!!

im desperate to have af now...and make babies. but without a cycle its just sooo worrying!!

how lobg did it take you to get ur AF ?? xx

My first loss is the only one I had a D&C and it came back probably 4-6 weeks after my procedure.

Hopefully on Saturday they will be able to do something. I know there is a medicine out there that can bring on AF.

I'm sorry for your loss and I hope the withc shows up soon for you!

You are doing the right thing by getting checked on Saturday. After my mc back in September, my doc was pretty clear that if my AF did not come on in 4-6 wks, to stop back in for a check up. There are a variety of reasons why she could be late. The doc also told me what ncmommy has mentioned, there is medication out there to help bring on AF if need be as some of us need a "jump start" as she put it.

I got a real AF (I may have had a mini AF 2 wks after my natural mc) about 6 wks after my mc.

Wishing you the best!

i havnt had to have a dnc but im wishing you luck for saturday :hugs: xxx

thanx every1 for all your replies. what do you mean by 'medicine' kick start to periods....does it give you a real period and can you still ovulate?? i just want a bfp, i feel so empty at the moment every1 round me seems to be announcing it and casnt put on this front anymore it seems to hurt more and more each day!!xxx

i asked about this medicine too as i was desperate for AF after only 29 days! but i didnt need to find anythign out in the end. i cant imagine what you must be going through. It must be torture. Good luck on saturday. Hope you get AF before then though.

Ill look to see if i can find any infor for you though xx

thank you 'icantdecide' much appreciated ive never wanted a period so bad. i really want af to cum asap if not ill demand anyything on saturday lol xx

I had a similar situation with out the infection or second D&C
they left some behind and because of that it took forever
one day I started cramping REALLY bad and passed the rest of the tissue and with in a week I got af but it took about nine weeks (that was with my first D&C)
You should have them do blood work to make sure your hcg levels are down
good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"