• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No pooing for preemie princess

WTBmyBFP

Mom to Triplet Girls!!
Reaction score
I'm looking for advice from preemie moms and dads. I have three girls, two still in the NICU and one is day 4 at home. They are adjusted 36 weeks.

The issue is with baby L on a BM and formula mix (to increase caloric value of the BM); she pooped on days one and two but hasn't since. She's urinating and eating regularly, and doesn't seem over distended. I've tried pumping her legs gently, lifting the legs near her chest, a warm bath, and even a temp check via hiney. I'm not sure when I need to contact her Dr vs waiting it out....

personally, I would call and ask their advice. you sound like youve done all tge right things and if it still isnt shifting, you wouldn't want her to get uncomfy! :)

hope she does it naturally for you soon xx

Can you ask the doctors when you go in to see your other babies (assuming you can take her with you)? Otherwise, I'd go to the doctor to get checked, or at the least, rign the nurse *hugs*

Well she FINALLY went today. An advice nurse we contacted via phone said primarily breastmilk fed babies can go as long as a week between bowel movements. If she became overly bloated, fussy, or had a fever we were instructed to go in to see the dr. She also told us if a week passed with no BM to see the dr.

The NICU staff can only legally give answers or advice about the babies in the NICU. The moment a baby is released to the parents the parents must contact their own pediatrician. The only loophole for us is if I can finagle my wording so the question applies to the baby still in the NICU.

Hey, glad your little one has finally gone, my son was born at 34w+6 - he went the first day or so, then stopped going by day 7 - 8 he was still doing day 1-2 poo if he went at all, he ended up having to have a suppository :-( poor mini man

Elias used to go for days without going when he first came home from the NICU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->