No poop in 2 weeks!

sheldonsmommy

Reaction score
I'll be calling the doctor tomorrow when they're open, but has anyone else experienced this?

His farts are rancid, but is otherwise normal. Tons of wet diapers and gaining weight. Before this he would poop once per week.

Did you try anything that works? 2 weeks just seems too long.

I read a thread online a while back where one lady's LO didn't poop for 3 weeks! It was carnage when it arrived... Brace yourself!

No doubt! I gave him a bath today fully expecting to have to clean poop out of my kitchen sink :)

Longest mine ever went was about a week, but LO's doctor said her kids used to go 2+ weeks. As long as he's not straining/uncomfortable then it's fine, it'll come when it wants to. :)

Wow! As a mum of 3 kids who are massive poo machines, that's just amazing to me :haha: I have heard other BF mums say their LOs poo only once a week or less though. Mine all poo 6-8x a day! No wonder I do so much diaper laundry lol.

I've had this but the poop did come on the 2 week mark. The rancid poops are a sign it's on its way (something to look forward to lol). DS usually only goes every 9 days or so. If you feel his tummy is it really hard? Does he seem in discomfort? If so I'd definitely doctors! But if not well...some babies just don't go so often, but when they do omg they do lol

Wow! As a mum of 3 kids who are massive poo machines, that's just amazing to me :haha: I have heard other BF mums say their LOs poo only once a week or less though. Mine all poo 6-8x a day! No wonder I do so much diaper laundry lol.

I know, my ds1 pooped so much! He was ff, though.

I've had this but the poop did come on the 2 week mark. The rancid poops are a sign it's on its way (something to look forward to lol). DS usually only goes every 9 days or so. If you feel his tummy is it really hard? Does he seem in discomfort? If so I'd definitely doctors! But if not well...some babies just don't go so often, but when they do omg they do lol

No, if he was unhappy in any way I would be singing a different tune. The only time he got fussy was the day after I tried half a dose of laxative (per doctor's original advice when he hadn't pooped for a week at 3 months old).

I'm just preparing for a nuclear explosion at this point ;)

And minutes after I start my diaper laundry, his pants are exploding. Oh it smells rank. Thanks ladies!

My son went almost 3 weeks without pooping and ped was not worried at all! In small babies is normal the important thing is that they pee regularly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->