no tears

bumpsmum

Mummy to Matthew & Daniel
Reaction score
Matthew is roughly 10 and half months now and still does not produce tears, even when he has hurt himself and crying no tears. Is this common?

He had very sticky eyes when he was born but swabs said no infection, so far he's had conjunctivitus twice and sticky eyes now and then. He has the paediatrician on monday I am going to ask about this but was looking for other expereinces in case im just being silly :blush: xx

Hmmm ... I read something yesterday (was Googling "sticky eyes") and saw something about the tear-glands being one of the last things to develop. But they presumably are working because Matthew's eyes are lubricated, no? Perhaps he's just being a "man" and not crying!

not to freak you out but could he get a little dehydrated and not have tears? i don't know to judge but it's the first thing i look for if they cry with no tears, do they need some milk/water

yeah his eyes dont seem dry at any point they are rather crusty even after a quick nap as if white goop has dried in at the corners of his eyes.

Not sure about dehydration, we encourage him to try drink water/diluted juice, he has been checked over ywice in last fortnight as he had the norovirus and I was worried about dehdrating but Dr said he wwas fine.

I read something similar about tear ducts I think, trying my damdest to resist googling tho always read too much into every wee ailment.........perhaps he is just a mans man after all :bodyb:

Thanks girlies :flower: x

Molly didnt get any tears until a week before she was 11 months! She got checked and there was no explanation :shrug:

I remeber you asking in baby forum few months ago Emma and it got me thinking, its reasurring to know it might just take a while xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->