No weight gain?

KarenLV

Reaction score
Skyler hasnt gained any weight in the past month.I heard they go through a period where weight gain slows down a bit but totally stop? He still weighs the same as he did one month ago.He eats and drinks like a horse though! Any experiences?

I got this this morning as well from my health visitor.As long as Skyler seems happy and healthy to you then dont worry :)

To my knowledge babies go through tonnes of growing the first 6 months and then slow down, and grow more slowly after.

Caitlyn lost an oz last month, but put on an oz and a half in this week!

This happened to Dec he was 24lbs at 12 months and 24lbs at 13 months and at 14 months he was 23lbs 9ozs, but I got a lovely HV (not my usual) and she said it was fine as toddlers and crawlers can gain and lose weight often, as long as they dont lose to much or drop to much below their % then there is nothing to worry about.

That's what happened with Hayden, but it's now been almost 9mo and he's grown a total of 1lb 4oz. The drs aren't concerned at this point, but he has gone from the 50th% in weight to the 1%. But he's still very healthy, he is developing normally just very small, they will recheck in 3mo and if he is still the same then they will do testing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->