Non children's programming that are suitable for 3 year old?

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
I'm suffering terribly with hyperemesis and some days I have to resort to tv with my 3 year old. I know it's not great but I have to look after myself too and I'm very weak.

However... I've had about as much cbeebies and Disney as I can take!!!

I put a quiz show in today and Micah was vaguely interested but wanted cbeebies back on after a bit. I'm trying to think of other things that might be interesting for me but also interesting or educational for him? Any ideas?

My daughter likes funny animal videos, like off You've Been Framed. We sometimes watch that or there's some good ones on YouTube. Not v educational, but might keep him occupied for a bit.

What about Autumn Watch, or some other animal programs, David Attenborough seems quite popular with young kiddos. Or re-watch every Disney film you enjoyed as a child. Or maybe watch a kids show in another language and learn French/Mandarin/Spanish with your DS lol.

Yup cooking programs loool, mine likes chopped

DS is 4.5 but he loves the food network. His absolute favourite show is called how they do it or something. I think it'd on ' quest '. They show you how things are made like roller coasters and stamps etc. Sounds boring but ds and OH love it.

What are his passions/interests. DS loves animals so we watch the David Attenborugh (Africa and Hunt). DD (who I admit is older) loves baking and cooking so we watch bake off etc and quiz shows like Pointless.

So if he loved cars he might like Top Gear etc

Try things as well on CBBC like Dangermouse or Scooby Doo (DS loves Scooby Doo) they tend to be a bit more tolerable for adults - DD went through a fairly odd parents stage and that was quite a good cartoon

Thanks, I think cooking shows would make me worse tbh! But I'll try some nature documentaries, any recommendation for a bit too gory one?

OH has got him into star trek so I'm googling not too violent episodes and we've watched some of those. He loves pointing out Saturn and the Milky Way in the next generation opening credits!

I really don't like children's tv, like Cbeebies, so we don't watch it much (pretty much the only time is if it's a day when I need to clean the kitchen for like 30 minutes and I can stick it on in the other room and not be forced to watch it). But we do watch a lot of the Food Network or other cooking shows and we talk about food and cooking, or last weekend when my husband and I were both sick and we didn't leave the house, nature documentaries were a big hit.

Definitely nature documentaries. Lucas got really into Frozen Planet a while back (though I did have to fast-forward a couple of not so kid friendly moments).
Kirstie Allsopp does some nice, inoffensive shows about crafting and home making etc that might hold a LO's attention (not Lucas mind but he hates crafts).

Walking with Dinosaurs/Beasts! Or the nineties version of Gladiators. We watch old episodes on Youtube sometimes when I CBA to parent.

I have to suffer endless Dr Who with my 3 year old son!

He absolutely loves it, then runs around with his sonic screwdriver being the Doctor. I'm mummy Amy (a character with red hair) apparently, and the wardrobe is his tardis. Keeps him occupied for ages!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->