Non-edible cravings driving me mad

Eleanor ace

Reaction score
I'm so fed up of craving things I can't eat! Whenever I smell paint, white spirit, marker pens, polish, cleaning products... I just want to eat them and I can't stop thinking about them! The only edible thing I crave is ice, so at least I can eat that! Pointless rant, please tell me I'm not alone!

Wood I want to eat wood all the time.

Ice is my thing. Apparently that means an iron deficiency which I have.

Yes ice means iron deficiency but you should check in with your doc bc craving those things means you are deficient in something else too

Oh hmm as far as I know I'm not deficient in anything; nothing has shown up on any of my blood tests in any of my pregnancies (this is the 3rd time I've found myself fantasizing about eating tins of white emulsion washed down with Mr Sheen) and my iron levels have been god. I think maybe I'm just weird :haha:

With my son and with this baby it's been the smell of baby bath sponges!!!! Omg I could eat them!!!

I've still got mine . My boy is 40 months! It is associated with mineral and iron deficiencies but also anxiety. I had to admit to mine after my liver blood tests were a bit off.. Oh dear pass me another bit of plastic

Another bath sponge craver over here. I bought my son one of those foam bath supports while I was pregnant, yep, chewed the whole thing up and had to buy him another.
It's called pica, like others have said it's usually a sign of anemia. I've craved sponge for as long as I can remember and it's 100000x worse whilst pregnant.

I crave ice all the time. Good, crunchy ice, the kind that is so satisfying to chomp between my teeth. I even have my favorite places that serve just the kind of ice I like!

I'm not craving any non-food things this time, but during my second pregnancy I was obsessed with how lemon cleaners might taste. I never had a sip, but I used them all the time, just so I could breathe in deep and smell them. It seemed to alleviate the craving somewhat.

:shrug:

I crave ice all the time. Good, crunchy ice, the kind that is so satisfying to chomp between my teeth. I even have my favorite places that serve just the kind of ice I like!

I'm not craving any non-food things this time, but during my second pregnancy I was obsessed with how lemon cleaners might taste. I never had a sip, but I used them all the time, just so I could breathe in deep and smell them. It seemed to alleviate the craving somewhat.

:shrug:

Mcdonalds used to have the best ice for crunching. Im not too impressed they have big ice cubes now :brat:
Iv craved Ice in both my pregnancys and its also classed as pica. :shrug: x

I have not craved anything weird but I enjoyed reading this thread

I just started craving ice but my iron wasn't even low enough to count as deficient. OB put me on uric tablets however I'm too constipated to take them again. I have enough trouble going on my own let own with iron.

Im also an ice Craver but I go more for ice poles!! With this one and my first i also have the craving for dry vtexture.like my powdered foundation...talc... And the smell of varnish is amazing!!! Oh the joys of pregnancy.

sponges i chewed them up didn't swallow every pregnancy but stops when i have the baby also smelling everything cleaning products i had no iron or any deficient xx

I feel like I am loosing out I have had absolutely no cravings what so ever with either of my pregnancies :shrug: :( :dohh: edible or otherwise

Mcdonalds used to have the best ice for crunching. Im not too impressed they have big ice cubes now :brat:

YUM McDonald's ice! The ice they have in one of the franchises here is still the good stuff. I got a big cup of it yesterday. :happydance:

There is a place called Sonic Drive-In that has teeny tiny ice cubes, about the size of small peas. It's my favorite place for ice. I get the largest cup they offer and ask them to fill it up to the rim with ice, then just pour a little bit of the drink in for flavor.

I could go on and on about this, all day long...obviously. :blush:

YUM McDonald's ice! The ice they have in one of the franchises here is still the good stuff. I got a big cup of it yesterday. :happydance:

There is a place called Sonic Drive-In that has teeny tiny ice cubes, about the size of small peas. It's my favorite place for ice. I get the largest cup they offer and ask them to fill it up to the rim with ice, then just pour a little bit of the drink in for flavor.

Yeah I used to ask for just a cup of ice too! Haha. I find pizza hut and subway have the best ice for crunching now. And I always have a bag of crushed ice from sainsburys in my freezer. My son (5) is an ice cruncher too! X

Yeah I used to ask for just a cup of ice too! Haha. I find pizza hut and subway have the best ice for crunching now. And I always have a bag of crushed ice from sainsburys in my freezer. My son (5) is an ice cruncher too! X

You ladies are creating a word buffet for me, my mouth is watering at the thought of all this ice :haha:

Omg do I crave ice! I like to chew on it when I'm not pregnant, but it's so much stronger when I'm pg! Eating it all day long and even my LOs have started eating it :blush: when I go to my Dr appts I stop by my nursing unit (on modified bedrest now) to get the awesome chewy pellet ice there.

Subway! I will have to try that...I haven't been there in a long while, but you can bet that's going to change now that you mentioned the crunchy ice.

Sophiasmom said:
when I go to my Dr appts I stop by my nursing unit (on modified bedrest now) to get the awesome chewy pellet ice there.

This makes me insanely jealous. :brat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->