Non fiction for 5/6 yr old recommendations?

lau86

Reaction score
My ds1 has a lot of questions recently such as how does the sun heat up the planets, most of them are on a space/ nature/ weather theme. Does any one have recommendations for age appropriate non fiction?

My dd enjoys a non-fiction book occasionally. I usually take her to the library and let her choose something from the kids section - that way she quickly filters through the stuff that she *said* would be interesting to the books she will actually sit and read. Maybe try the library and see what he goes for?

My mum bought dd some "horrible history" books - I think that's the name of them. They're full of age appropriate chunks of writing - but some of it is pretty gruesome! She was interested for a while but quickly went off them. I would recommend them if your son isn't squeamish :)

usborne books do some nice non fiction

My 5yo has a couple of Usborne ones that she loves, one is questions and answers about the world and one is a body one. They have questions/info then you lift up the flaps to find out the answer/more info.

Thanks, I forgot about the usborne ones! We already have look inside trains and look inside the body so I'll see what else they have.

Also recommend Usborne. We have a whole series of nonfiction books by them that are fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->