Non-stress testing (NST) with anterior placenta

Bookwrmgal

Reaction score
Hi gals,
My OB told me today that I will be doing weekly and then twice weekly NST starting very soon. I know part of it involves counting kicks but with my anterior placenta and baby's position I really don't feel her much at all and almost certainly not during office hours.
Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience

I had mine done when I was experiencing high blood pressure and I never had to count kicks. I also had an anterior placenta but for the most part you could hear her movements on the machine, and you could tell there was more movement when she had a higher heart rate

Towards the last few weeks I had to do NST as well. Those monitors are so sensitive that every time my stomach growled it sounded like I had demons in there, lol. The monitors will catch the movements that you don't even feel. I just pushed the button every time I felt any sort of flutter, instead of waiting for strong kicks (my LO wasn't typically 'active' that I could feel during business hours either). They always assured me she was very active even when I thought she'd only twitched 4 or 5 times.

My doctor wants to do the same for me too. They want me to start next week with it. They haven't mentioned anything about kick counting though. My main concern is if they would be doing ultrasounds because I worry too many may not be safe. I did express that to her though.

I am questioning if I even want to do them though. Weekly and twice weekly seems like a lot...I guess my concerns about movement triggered them to offer these NST to me. So I've been doing a little research on the subject to see what I want to do. I don't want ot go overboard though. Not sure what to do.

The machine picks up babies movements they're more interested in seeing what you feel in comparison. But if your placenta blocks some of that I really wouldn't worry as they'll see how much baby is moving even if you don't feel it to document it on the sheet. I just had two of these since Sunday. :) good luck!

Oh good, that makes me feel a lot better. I Am super high risk with her mass plus my own issues so I have no problem with all of the monitoring that has been going on and kicking into overdrive. I just didn't want to have to be stressed out about movement for the NST any more than I already am. It kind of defeats the purpose of a "non stress" test ;-)

Oh good, that makes me feel a lot better. I Am super high risk with her mass plus my own issues so I have no problem with all of the monitoring that has been going on and kicking into overdrive. I just didn't want to have to be stressed out about movement for the NST any more than I already am. It kind of defeats the purpose of a "non stress" test ;-)

I was reading your blog. My heart is definitely with you. I hope your baby continues to do well, as well yourself. I'll keep you in mind! Try not to stress. It'll be a piece of cake. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->