nooooooo info

MomPepperdine

Reaction score
So many of you know how panic I am about having baby home alone or on the side of the road since we live sooo far away in the middle of nowhere

So I've been trying to google info for just incase and there's like no info! None I have a dr app coming up and ill talk to her more about what I should have in the car and at home for just incase but still come on! I figured id find some info :/

I will just say... not that I know... lol... but if all is healthy with you and bubs ive heard your body jist takes over and u know what to do...

I mean hey look at cave women... they had no idea and just had to have a go at it lol...

Def talk to ur doc and maybe go to some birthing classes with your oh? If theres any near u? Maybe they can help...

How far away do u live from anything? What country u in?

This is my 3rd and the first 2 were fast we used to have only 30 min drive and we almost didn't make it last time. the hospital is over an hr awayabout 30 mins to the closest town . I'm in the states.

You can't really do much apart from keep the baby warm, so towels/blanket/baby hat, the paramedics would do the rest when they got there. Fingers crossed you make it to the hospital though x

Make sure you have gas in the car, blankets, towels and water. Not much else you could do really!

This really worried me for last time. My second youngest total labour was 1 hour 45 minutes it was a planned homebirth but due to two major accidents on the roads between them and our home both midwives turned up at the same time which was 5 minutes before he was actually born. My son prior to him I only got to the hospital at 9cm dilated and had the membranes not been really strong and needing breaking he would have come out on the way. Last time the weather was horrendous, very heavy snow and there was a real worry that if I had him at home the midwives simply wouldn't get there or we wouldn't get to the hospital in time as the hospital was 15 minutes away on a good day but in bad traffic in bad weather it could take more than an hour to get there. As it happened at the time I had more warning than I could have hoped, because he was in an odd almost back to back position this meant that it took a long time for labour to really get going and my OH insisted we go to the hospital even though my contractions were about 10 minutes apart. By the time we got to the hospital they were 2 minutes apart as it took a while but I was only 1cm dilated! The MWs said on any other day they would have sent me home but taking into consideration that we did live quite far away and the bad weather and going by past history they would let me stay. Things did speed up after being examined and he was born just under 4 hours after that but nowhere near as quick as we were expecting. If it does happen things usually turn out ok, I have a friend who had her first two kids with an epidural in hospital and said giving birth at home with no pain relief would be her worst nightmare. Well in the end her youngest child came very quickly and unexpectedly at home with no-one else there but one of her children, the weather was really bad then and she lives down some really narrow streets so it took ages for the ambulance to come. She and baby were fine xx

I kno9w all will be ok just really can't help but worry /stress lol. Iwas talking to dh about it last night and I yelled at him for not stressing about it too lol. Jerk :haha: I seem to handle labor fine but I just don't know for sure how ill act if I don't make it to the hospital.

That being said if it wasn't like midnight and dry the night I had dd2 we wouldn't of made it. Lol and if dh didn't pull the doors open (auto doors and they didn't open started running to the er side dh went hulk hahahah) and park in handy cap :haha:

here's one link I found that might have some useful info: https://www.wikihow.com/Deliver-a-Baby
as far as what you might like to have on hand, I see it suggests "towels or blankets, warm water, a pair of scissors, a few lengths of string, rubbing alcohol, cotton balls, and a bulb syringe."
I have read through the emergency delivery procedures in one of my baby books a couple of times, but I still would feel nervous about a DIY birth! I hope you make it to the hospital and/or everything goes smoothly.
I do think it really must be true, that instinct will take over if you have to do it yourself. Doesn't hurt to be prepared for it though.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"