normal for less feeds?

crossedfinger

Hannah's mommy and TTC#2
Reaction score
I am exclusively bfing on demand. DD is six weeks old today and has been taking less feeds during a 24 hour period. Usually only feeds six times a day between ten and fifteen minutes each feed. Does a long stretch at night (five or six hours) between feeds. Scares me because I hear other babies still feed 12 times a day and are at the breast for long periods. As long as she is gaining weight I shouldn't worry right?
Thanks for listening to a stupid new mom question...

My first son would have nursed all day if I'd let him. My newborn only nurses about 10 minutes and he's good. I think he's just more efficient at nursing than my first son was and he doesn't comfort suck. It's totally normal.

Mickey started doing this at about 9 weeks old. I was overjoyed! As long as he is weeing, pooing and gaining weight then it's totally fine. Enjoy your new freedom! X

Yeah, how long or how often they nurse isn't any indicator of whether or not they're getting enough. Even with the change, as long as there's still plenty of wet and dirty diapers and baby seems plenty content, no worries!

Yep as long as you have plenty of output I wouldn't worry at all.

All of a sudden my DD would only take 3 minutes to feed.

Drove me nearly to insanity. But she's gained weight beautifully and it's a great benefit!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->