Normal to start second guessing names?

TTC Baby M

Reaction score
Well my hubby and I have been set pretty much from the beginning on our boy and girl names for bub. Now with only 4 weeks to go I am starting to wonder if we have made the right choice, is this common to go through this? I think if I changed to something else I would always look back and regret changing them? Anyone else going/gone through this?

This name ur child will have for the rest of their life. Can u see ur child being called this name as a baby teenager adult professionally and growing old with it? If so its the right name for ur child. U will be calling ur child this name for the rest of ur life and its is really hard to pick. But i think once u hold ur child u will know what their name should be.

I second guessed my first baby's name, so we chose a back-up in case he was born and didn't "look like" the first name. So, we've done that again with this baby, because we have second guessed this baby's name as well. It's a tough decision. I suggest choosing a back-up - you'll probably end up sticking with the original name. ;)

Doing it now.
We've had the name Layla since we found out, loved it. I've decided I've gone off it and we decided on the name Eva, now that sounds wrong and I think I like Layla again :haha: definitely just going to wait and see what we decide at the time, even though with DD1, she was Lille from day one and we stuck with it xx

Yes it's common, I second guessed dds name until she was like 9 months old... It took about that long for me to stop waking up in a sweat realizing I was a mom. It seemed so surreal at first

I never did (9not even for a second) but apparently im in the minority it seems

all my future kids names are picked out already and have been for years

also as for the child having the name forever... not true, name changes are pretty common now a days and only cost like £50 max

hmm never thought about the child having their name changed if they wanted. As a mom I think id feel terrible though

I dont feel that way either i suppose im also the minority :p my first son was named before we even knew gender and it suits him perfectly ... this baby was the same although i did recently change it but only because I heard another name that was sooo close to the original and i just absolutely fell in love :p but the difference is so minute I hardly changed the name at all lol

hmm never thought about the child having their name changed if they wanted. As a mom I think id feel terrible though

its not a reflection on the parents, people change names for all kinds of reasons

I know some who changed there name for show business, some that changed there name because of parents divorce, some for attention or to seem more exotic/interesting, a small amount to seem less interesting, some that's name just didn't feel right (like being gay or transsexual - it doesn't mean the parents did anything wrong, it just mean the name didn't fit there own sense of identity) to them but only one that wanted to not have anything to do with there parents

I think it might be upsetting if you love your child name be either way it could happen there is no 1000000% sure way to know you child will like any name you pick however most do so just relax :thumbup:

ok thanks for your replies everyone :) the names we have chosen aren't really different or strange so I'm probably just being indecisive like I am in every other area of my life lol think we may discuss some back ups JUST in case though :)

ok thanks for your replies everyone :) the names we have chosen aren't really different or strange so I'm probably just being indecisive like I am in every other area of my life lol think we may discuss some back ups JUST in case though :)

I think it's really common to feel like that. I did the first time and I'm doing the same this time. It's a lot of pressure to pick the "perfect" name and one which suits your child so hopefully you will know when little one is born what feels right but definitely keep a few back ups. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->