normal?

xcmkx84

Angel and a Rainbow
Reaction score
My daughter is 6 days old and bar her first feed (bottle as I had a section under GA) she is exclusively Breast fed. I am however having to wear Nipple shields due to the mess she left me in lol. I thought that Breast fed babies didn't have alot of dirty Nappies? On average she has 5 a day? Is this 'normal'? She also sometimes seems to be in pain, looks like she is hungry and crying but won't latch on.

Although I have a little boy, I was unable to Breast feed so this is all new to me and just want some advise if this is normal, thanks

In the beginning they do have lots of dirty nappies. My lo use to go at every feed so about 10 times a day. He is now 4 months and goes once or twice a day although it is normal for bf babies to go days.
Do you get much wind up after a feed? It might be that causing discomfort and also why she won't feed again

LOL, I wish! My son has consistently pooped in almost every single diaper. We cloth diaper so I go through 12-15 per day and 80% have poop!

Lol, thanks guys! People tell you so many different things (like they don't get wind when Breast feeding) definitely wind she has - can relax and try enjoy it now lol.

DS used to poop 7-8 times till 4 mon. then 4-5 till 6 mon. Now just 1-2.
Bf babies too need to be burped

Mine both did a lot of poo until they hit a certain age (I think about 8 weeks?) then they often only did one poo a week.

My daughter did a LOT of Poos at first and now at 11 weeks still does around 3 a day on average, some days more some less!
And I too was looking forward to not as much wind but My daughter has a lot of it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->