Not a great week

DeeDee2009

Reaction score
So hubby and I were planning on starting to TTC in August and we've been trying to get ourselves ready..taking our vitimins, losing some weight, etc. I've been taking Lipitor for several years now as I have high cholesterol. I didn't really know anything about the drug and pregnancy as I've never TTC before. So this week I thought I would do a little research online and found out that the drug is extremely harmful when pregnant or trying to become pregnant, as it's shown to cause birth defects..so I've been freaking out all week. I've made an appointment with my doctor for next Friday, as I will be going of Lipitor ASAP, I'm just not sure how long it's going to take to get out of my system, as I have been on it for quite some time..I'm assuming it'll be a few months at least, which is going to push back our TTC plans. So I've been a little bummed out, as I was getting really excited about TTC but I definitely don't want to risk anything. I just wish I would have researched more when starting the drug, but I'm not even sure the info was out there then, as it sounds like it's been within the last few years. I was so young when I started it and babies were not a main focus on my brain...

Sorry for the vent..just wanted to get it off my chest. :sad1:

:hugs: sorry to hear its messed your plans up hun. I think they say most things take about 3 months to get out your system fully so hopefully its the same with this one which may only push your TTC date back by a month which isnt too bad.
Let us know how your docs appt goes. Good luck

hey hun, hopefully it won't take long to get out of your system. Thank goodness that you thought about researching before you started TTC xx

Awww hun :hugs: Yea thank goodness you looked and saw now and can sort it out sooner :)

Thanks ladies. I'm feeling better about it now and you're right, it's good that I'm getting it sorted out now.

Hopefully it will only take 3 months, as an extra month to wait to try is not going to kill me..haha..but I'm just getting SOOO excited. I feel like I've been waiting forever and finally hubby and I are on the same page to start trying, so I just want to start already!

Thanks for listening. :)

awww hunny, try not to worry too much until you have spoken to your dr, I am sure it won't cause too many problems in the long term, well done on all the prep for TTC you have already achieved! :hug:

Thank god you found out now. Hope the time goes quickly and you can get down to ttc x

[face_hug] I hope the drug is out of your system quickly :)

Awe, that sucks! But, look on the bright side, if it is only 3 months to get out of your system, then it's only one more month to wait :hugs:

Hope it's all good news at the Docs.

thanks so much everyone... :hug:

this week is going to go SO slow, as i'm anxious for my dr.'s appointment, but at least once i speak with him i'll know what i'm dealing with and how long i'll have to wait...i'm getting really BAD at waiting.. :wacko:

I had my dr.'s appointment today and it went great! Hubby even came because he knew I was freaking out..hehe..the dr. said that I don't need wait to try, as the lipitor will come right out of my system, so that's great news. Just need to stop it while TTC and until after I'm done breast feeding. It was such a good appointment because I got to talk about baby stuff and my hubby was right there and didn't even sqwirm..haha..he's getting so excited too! After the appointment he even made a comment about trying when we're on vacation at the end of July (we're going to San Francisco). He's such a romantic he would totally love if we conceived while on vacation. I'm so happy though! :happydance:

Aww hunni that is fantastic news, glad it went well.
Bring on San francisco!
x

I was TTC for a good few months with Isla and it wasn't until we went on holiday when we weren't really trying and I relaxed about it all that I actually got pregnant (hence her middle name :D) so I recon holidays are good luck for TTC!

*HUGS*

I was TTC for a good few months with Isla and it wasn't until we went on holiday when we weren't really trying and I relaxed about it all that I actually got pregnant (hence her middle name :D) so I recon holidays are good luck for TTC!

*HUGS*

awww..love her middle name! that is really cool! :coolio:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"