Not eating properly

A

AppleBlossom

The last few days Grace hasn't seemed very interested in her food. She usually eats a lot at breakfast then she eats a jar for lunch and then eats all her dinner as well as having bottles. But the last few days she has been disinterested in her breakfast and not finished it, and today she wouldn't eat her lunch and kept closing her mouth. She ate her dinner and had some dessert. I can't figure out why she has all of a sudden decided she doesn't want to eat

is she teething honey? maddi top tooth is popping and wasn't really interest in her baby rice today x

edit - also reallytinyamy (if she doesn't mind me saying) was speaking to her hv over the same thing and said chloe's tooth is about to pop so looks like its often linked to those damn teeth!!

she has been teething forever! but i can't see any teeth and I had a feel and I can't feel any either

oh bless her - do the gums look white or any bumps or anything? they're little buggers the teeth, take ages and cause so many problems.

if she seems off her food again could u speak to your hv honey if your concerned at all?

x

her front gums have been a bit white for a while but doesn't seem to be any tooth movement!

its so frustrating honey, i do hope they came soon and grace takes back to her food, if you are concerned i would speak to a hv/doc, its so worrying sometimes isn't it

:hugs: x

I asked the hv about this yesterday as chloe has ben off her fod too, she said it could be due to pain in her gums as she is teething but she also said its normal for babies to go through phases of not eating- almost like the novelty has worn off! She said to keep offering and she will take it when she wants. She also suggesting giving her food to 'play with' well kind of! She said boil and carrot to death and give it to her when its all mushy and let her play with it, she will inevitably eat it and it may get her wanting it. Sounds a bit bizzare but it could just work!!

thanks, she isnt not eating, she starts but only eats a bit then just doesnt seem interested. I give her cooked pasta to play with and she chews on it. I'm just worried because the HV told me she should be putting more weight on now, she was 16lb 8oz when I last got her weighed and now she is eating less

Caitlyn has been 16lb something for the past 3 months, don't worry about it x

ali is like this too and the wee monkey aint sleeping. i can see the surface of his bottom gum kind of rising up if that makes sense - so i suspect (and hope) a tooth is about to pop through. i hate teething, really i do......it is even worse than colic imo!!!!

lilly goes off her breakfast all the time i have to change it everyday cause she gets bord of it lol she has gone off her other meals a few weeks again but she just had a tummy bug! they can go off their food when the teeth are just about to come through, there will be little white marks on her gums that means they are just there and willcome anytime, also you can tell they sometimes get a rash on there cheeks and chin, and lillys gums go very red and feel hot, i wouldnt worry too much, as long as she has fluid and is eating at least something she will be fine. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->