Not engaged, no plug, no BH... Tell me your miracle story lol

Tristansmom

TTC #3
Reaction score
Title says it all, I'm 39 weeks, had a check on Wednesday and wasn't dilated enough for a sweep yet :( Having absolutely no signs but I want this baby out of me NOW! I have a couple of reasons for being so impatient - number one, my spouse works out of town, has been gone 19 days and won't come home until labour starts and I'm tired of being alone! Plus, September long weekend is guaranteed that my son will be with me every year. This weekend would mean he would never miss the baby's birthday.

Please send downward thoughts, and tell me your stories about having NO signs of labour and still having a baby within 24-48 hours!!

Have you tried Red Raspberry Leaf tea? It always worked for me! hth

Been taking raspberry leaf for three weeks, evening primrose oil (both oral and inserted) for a week, bouncing on my ball two hours per night for three nights, and breast pump for 20-30 minutes last night and the night before. Brisk walks, laundry, stairs, squats, you name it: I've tried it. Today I am SUPER moody and angry but I don't think that's a symptom lol

with my 2nd, 3rd, 4th I wasn't dilated, baby was not engaged and then all of a sudden went into labour naturally.
Apparently it is normal for 1st babies to be engaged before labour, but subsequent pregnancies is not so common for that to happen.
It could still happen! fingers crossed for you... xxxx

YES now that's what I'm talking about lol.... Just got out of a size check u/s and baby is over 8 lbs 9 oz already ... YIKES... I want this baby out NOW!

Well if it make you feel any better I have a very low engaged baby and no plug, contractions, etc. here yet either. With my son I was still under 1cm and 50% effaced (pretty much where I am now) the day of labor. It just happened! No signs. That was at 38,5. I have a feeling this baby might not be in a hurry though and I may go later with this one.

I'm with ya, just had my 39 weeks appointment and my doctor decided to check where I'm at and if good, she would do a sweep. Well she couldn't reach my cervix to even tell. So still high up there, no plug, no contractions either. Bouncing on a ball while drinking my Raspberry Leaf Tea some more! Fingers crossed it just happens for us all sooner than later :)

No advice, but I'm right there with you!

Not engaged (that I know of), no plug. I've been having BH, but that's only probably due to dehydration.

Started RLT at 28 weeks. Started EPO orally at 34 week, started inserting 36, and started inserting 2 at 37 weeks.

Been bouncing on ball. As of yesterday, started walking 3 miles. I'm making the walking 3 miles a daily thing.

We can do this ladies!! Let's walk/bounce these babies out! It's eviction time lol

I can't believe they won't induce u at this point

With my first, i had a regular Dr appointment at 40w+2d. No signs, not engages, not effaced, I had not had any Braxton Hicks at all. I think i may have been 1 cm dilated, but Dr said it looked like baby was still aways off, even discussed dates for induction. I went into spontaneous labor about 4 hours after that appointment! So keep your hopes up, even when there aren't any signs!

I can't believe they won't induce u at this point

Why? The op isn't overdue, and inducement increases the risk of interventions. It's much safer to go naturally. In many countries you are not even considered overdue until 41 weeks (France is one I think). I'm getting very very impatient waiting for this one to appear but induction even at a week over seems drastic to me. If all is safe inside, that must be where they wanna be for now!

None of my babies were even a little bit engaged until I went into labour! Not even my first which suprised me, when I had my midwife appointment and she told me he wasn't at all engaged I was gutted I thought labour would be ages away still but nope I went into labour without him being engaged, never had a mucus plug with him that I remember, or with my third, labour just come out of nowhere with no signs for me, good luck Hun hope it starts for you soon

I had no signs with my first. Felt exactly the same that day, went to bed, woke an hour later, waters broke, labour started, 15 hours later, my son arrived. With my second, I did lose my plug but that was possibly because I had a sweep. Apart from losing the plug (my son was born that night), I felt no different. And my second never engaged. With my first, he was 3/5ths when I was about 36 weeks and was still 3/5ths when I was in labour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->