not feeding enough?

freddiesmum

mummy of two
Reaction score
hey ladies, how r u all?
well.... my lo was discharged from hospital last sunday at 37weeks 1day, hes now 37weeks 4days (10weeks actual). whilst in hospital he was feeding every 4-5 hours 75ml minimum now we r home and he seems to want feeding every 3-4 but hes only taking 40-60ml!! im going out of my mind that he's not feeding enough or hes unwell or something worse! he doesnt seem unwell, when he's awake hes alert n hes weeing n pooing!!
is he taking enough ? he weighs over 6lb now, surely he should be taking more? he just keeps falling sleep!!
:wacko: help, please!
xxhugs and kissesxx

Yeah I dunno how they do it in hospital but that sounds like Jamie - the routine kind of went awol lol. The nappy change, feed, burp, sleep just went to pot for us for some reason. Probably the change of environment and working out how to poo amazingly frequently that did it but it does get back to normal eventually!

Leo used to feed in dribs and drabs, not really in a routine at all, he had 90ml in his bottles in the first few weeks home, but rarely finished it! I felt like the routine he had in hospital went out of the window too.
When do you next get him weighed? Maybe you'll get some reassurance from that hun xx

Hey,

I agree with the other girls, when they come home, the hospital routine goes out the window but hopeful things will settle soon and Freddie will get in more of a routine and start drinking you out of house and home!!!!

Hope the next time you post, its to say he has put on a MASSIVE amount of milk :0) x

Once Elias was discharged, we tossed the hospital routine out of the window, and began demanding feeding. It's much easier. :thumbup: As long as he's having 6-8 dirty and wet diapers, he's getting enough.

Work out how much hes having in 24 hours now compared to before and it will probably be around the same. Yes hes having less but hes also feeding more often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->