Not feeling O pains

SkippinStones

Reaction score
I've always been able to feel ovulation. Whether it be from one side or the other. This cycle is my first after my m/c in April, and I have gotten a +OPK, but I never experienced any ovulation pain this time like I always used to.

Wondering if no O pain might mean an anovulatory cycle?
Can I get a pos on an OPK and not actually ovulate?

How many of you experience O pains, or lack of but know that you've O'd?

Don't really have an exact answer but I used to never feel O pains and I confirm that I DO ovulate every month with opk's and chart my temps. Coincidence or not though, in May I felt very strong O cramping and was able to pinpoint the exact moment I ovulated, go figure that was the month I conceived. Maybe it's a stronger more mature egg that makes for o pain when it is released from the ovary.. OR it could be nothing at all and just be a complete coincidence. I'm sure you are still ovulating even without the pain. DO you temp? It is possible in the case of delayed ovulation (stress, ilness etc...) to get a positive surge and then not ovulate but you would likely get another surge in a few days and then an egg would be released. The one annovulatory cycle I had I never got a positive opk but I have experienced delayed o with multiple positive opk's before. I will say though, that I am hoping I experience O pain again in my coming cycle, it was great knowing the exact moment and being able to get in some extra bd'ing just in case ;) You are lucky if that was the norm for you! Good luck, I hope you are definitely ovulating! By the way, I have just stopped the bleeding from my m/c. I am wondering what you cycle was like right after. Did you use the opk's then? or did you wait until af and this new cycle to start using them again? I am curious if i will ovulate as normal and then get af or if I just will get af and start a new cycle first...

Hi MamaOfOne.
I'm so sorry for your loss! :( I hope you will be feeling better soon.

Answering some of your questions...
No, I do not temp. Not that I don't want to, but I don't know that I would benefit from them, as my sleeping patterns are weird (I wake up a lot) and my DD#2 still wakes up in the middle of the night, and I'm always abruptly woken up by my DD#1.
The most I have done was the OPKs and CP checks and CM checks. But even those have been confusing me as of late. (like a day before this last AF I had a super high, soft and open cervix, and a bit of EWCM) Maybe my body is still screwy from the mc.

I'm happy for you that you've stopped bleeding. What an awful reminder. I mc 4/30 at 12 weeks. My bleeding went on and on. I think I bled for a full 2 weeks or so. Then at about day 15 I had an incredible amount of EWCM but it was brownish. I didn't have any OPKs on hand, otherwise I would have used them - as it seemed like pehaps I could have been O'ing? Who knows. DH and weren't intimate until very recently because we just weren't ready. I think we were both feeling really sad/weird/uncomfortable about having sx.

So, my first official cycle after mc began on 6/1. It was the shortest, mildest amount of bleeding I've had in a long time. I didn't experience any cramping or unpleasant stuff you read about. I waited until the 7th (CD7) to take an OPK because I again, had a large amount of EWCM. I got my pos OPK on CD9.
This might seem early, but I've always gotten positive OPKs on CD9-10. So this was normal for me.
The only abnormal though was the lack of O pain, which usually happens for me the day after the positive.

I dont' know if a mc at 6 weeks is any different than one at 12 - so I can't tell you if you would ovulate as normal before your official AF or not. I've read about so many women getting pg immediately after a mc, before any AF...which tells me that you would ovulate before your official AF.

My body indicated to me on May 15 that I was O'ing but i didn't have any tests to prove it to me. My guess is that you'll be O'ing very soon.
Maybe count the first day of your mc bleeding as CD1. So then today would be CD5 for you, right? I'd just use the OPKs out of pure curiosity!

Good luck to you! And, again, I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs:

Honestly, a mc can change a lot. I am the opposite. I never felt O pain. After my second mc, I have started being able to feel it. :shrug: I think having s mc changes your hormones, ect. I bet you O'd and just didn't feel it. :hugs:

Hi MamaOfOne.
I'm so sorry for your loss! :( I hope you will be feeling better soon.

Answering some of your questions...
No, I do not temp. Not that I don't want to, but I don't know that I would benefit from them, as my sleeping patterns are weird (I wake up a lot) and my DD#2 still wakes up in the middle of the night, and I'm always abruptly woken up by my DD#1.
The most I have done was the OPKs and CP checks and CM checks. But even those have been confusing me as of late. (like a day before this last AF I had a super high, soft and open cervix, and a bit of EWCM) Maybe my body is still screwy from the mc.

I'm happy for you that you've stopped bleeding. What an awful reminder. I mc 4/30 at 12 weeks. My bleeding went on and on. I think I bled for a full 2 weeks or so. Then at about day 15 I had an incredible amount of EWCM but it was brownish. I didn't have any OPKs on hand, otherwise I would have used them - as it seemed like pehaps I could have been O'ing? Who knows. DH and weren't intimate until very recently because we just weren't ready. I think we were both feeling really sad/weird/uncomfortable about having sx.

So, my first official cycle after mc began on 6/1. It was the shortest, mildest amount of bleeding I've had in a long time. I didn't experience any cramping or unpleasant stuff you read about. I waited until the 7th (CD7) to take an OPK because I again, had a large amount of EWCM. I got my pos OPK on CD9.
This might seem early, but I've always gotten positive OPKs on CD9-10. So this was normal for me.
The only abnormal though was the lack of O pain, which usually happens for me the day after the positive.

I dont' know if a mc at 6 weeks is any different than one at 12 - so I can't tell you if you would ovulate as normal before your official AF or not. I've read about so many women getting pg immediately after a mc, before any AF...which tells me that you would ovulate before your official AF.

My body indicated to me on May 15 that I was O'ing but i didn't have any tests to prove it to me. My guess is that you'll be O'ing very soon.
Maybe count the first day of your mc bleeding as CD1. So then today would be CD5 for you, right? I'd just use the OPKs out of pure curiosity!

Good luck to you! And, again, I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs:

Thanks for all of the answers, you've helped a lot. :) sry about that I sort of highjacked your thread a little. But I am glad that you shared with me. I totally get that it could take some time for you to feel ready after that. Not that I am trying to compare pain in any way as I do feel very sad about my loss but I do believe it would be harder to have to go thru further along at 12 weeks. It is just that much longer to think, dream, and fantasize of what is to be and bond with baby-to-be. I'm glad to see that you are now at a point where you are happy to be trying again! :hugs:

Lucky you O'ing on cd 9!! I am always so super jealous of the early o'ers.:winkwink: I don't O until cd 17 or later, it it such a painful wait as I have got to be one of the most impatient people I know.:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->