Not gaining weight properly?

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
Seth has dropped onto the 9th percentile now. He was born on the 25th line, went onto 50th, went up again breifly but then went back to 50th for ages.

last time he was weighed (3 ks ago) he was on the 25th and today hes on the 9th.

Am i right to be worried? hv didnt seem bothered at all....

xxx

i would say as long as he is gaining and is happy then i wouldnt be to worried. have u spoken to hv about ur concerns xx

He is gaining but he only gained 2oz in 3 weeks.

He does seem happy... he's never been chubby but hes definately not skinny. He looks healthy so I dont know...

I asked her what to do and she said 'I dont know'

Helpful lol

xxx

maybe if ur still worried speak to ur gp.

but i as a non professional would say a gain is a gain x

If he's feeding ok and seems healthy I wouldn't worry - unless he actually stops drinking/eating or loses weight, or if he seems unwell I'm sure everything's fine. You'll probably find that he gains more than his average next time you get him weighed - some babies are perfectly healthy but all over the growth charts x

Im pretty sure its because he's so mobile. Hes prtty much crawling and he just doesnt sit still. Burning up all his calories! lol

xxx

dont worry!

their weight gain tends to slow down at this stage anyway

Im pretty sure its because he's so mobile. Hes prtty much crawling and he just doesnt sit still. Burning up all his calories! lol

xxx

Sam's the same - can't stay still for more than a second and his weight gain has been all over the place but he's never lost any...some weeks he'll gain almost nothing at all and then he'll suddenly gain loads for no apparent reason! x

If HV isn't worried then I wouldn't! :hugs:

Caitlins always been ON that silly line in the book but shes happy and healthy I know that and tbh I have hardly gone for these 'weighs' I pretty much stopped doing it straight away!

I was told once babies can go up and down in weight but as long as they put it back on without you noticing baby slooking poorly all is normal x

Caitlyn isn't gaining hardly anything now either. She lost an lb one week. They're fine!

Ive been a nightmare today after him rolling off the bed this morning. Its put me right on edge about everything.

Look what becomming a mother does to you! lol

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"