Not interested in food!

tone

Mummy of 2! ttc for #3
Reaction score
So Callum is 6 and a half months now (where did the time go?!) and i started weaning him at 6 months, but hes just not interested at all. He spits it out, turns his head away. I've tried everything, rice, cereal, veg, fruit!! But no, he just isnt interested. I'm just worried because ive read that they need the extra iron from the food after 6 months. Is this okay? I suppose he may not be ready. Just a bit confused!

xx

Maybe it's worth having a try at the BLW approach? Putting food on his high chair tray and letting him help himself to what he wants. Some of my friends who have had weaning issues have found this has worked really well for them x

Hayden was just like that, he hated any food, whether it be mine or babyfood, he had zero interest in it. I just kept offering a couple times a week, if he turned his head away we stopped, I never pushed it. He really didn't start eating until 9mo but not 3 meals until over a year old. Now he's 19mo and that kid eats like crazy, more than his older brothers alot of the time lol. He's never had low iron, or been low on any vitamins. He was nursing during that time and that's it

I think the BLW might be a good idea hun, you could give that a try.

Otherwise just stick to offering it, one day he'll soon gobble it all up when he feels like it

just keep trying little bits id say - my LO was same with foods. but i kept giving him little bits at a time and he got better. you have to remember its new tastes and textures.

no sure what BLW is sorry lol !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"