Not long to go...what should I be saying to the doc?

Lulabelle85

Reaction score
Hiya,

It's only 7 weeks till we start TTC. I'm getting excited but also scared as I don't know what the journey will be like for us. :baby:

I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow for some advice, just really what I should be doing to prepare etc. I know he's going to tell me to lose weight, which I am doing, but if I waited until i was at my goal weight I'd be waiting forever to TTC and I'm almost 30, and OH is 34 so we want to get going soon!

I've been taking folic acid and agnus castus for a couple of months, but due to my PCOS I've not had AF since coming off BCP in April, which is going to be an issue when TTC, so i'm hoping the doctor will put me on metformin, as it helped before.

I guess I'm just scared that I go to see him and he tells me I'm too fat for a baby and won't help out at all, which I know is unlikely, but still.... :shrug:

Any advice welcome x

Hi Lulabelle,

How did your doctors appointment go? I have mine scheduled for Monday and am starting to get a bit anxious about what to cover during this meeting, any advice?

He was lovely! He said that I had the right ideas, he said losing weight while TTC was a good plan but didn't say lose weight first or you should wait or anything, he just said good luck and hopefully see you when you're pregnant, so we can discuss the meds I'm currently on etc. He gave me metformin and just told me to take folic acid. I've always been concerned about my fertility but he was really supportive and I left feeling so positive and excited. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->